Unknown Firefish White bump

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this firefish goby for about 3 weeks now. He's eating great, he's out all day, he gets along well with the other fish. I just noticed a barely visible two white bumps on his side though. I couldn't get a picture of them, and you can only see them if you look at the fish head on. Do you know what it is? Should I worry?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed the tank fresh chopped clams or mussels from the supermarket if you can’t get them from the nearby ocean like I do. Feeding them good fresh foods is a better practice than worrying for getting good results.
Im an expert at worrying and proactive feeding on healthy foods is the best method I have found for keeping fish healthy and “curing” fish skin problems.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've had this firefish goby for about 3 weeks now. He's eating great, he's out all day, he gets along well with the other fish. I just noticed a barely visible two white bumps on his side though. I couldn't get a picture of them, and you can only see them if you look at the fish head on. Do you know what it is? Should I worry?
I dont believe a dietary issue but rather bacterial or can be cysts or ulcers. Giving you a diagnosis with pics or videos however is a pure guess. Set your phone on video mode and drop a little food and walk away for 30 seconds.- You must walk away - You should be able to capture video , then post. Do this under white lighting

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A picture is essential - the good news is he's acting normal and eating? A good diet is always a good idea:). It could have been a wound from transfer - or bullying. I would doubt an infection but as already mentioned - without a picture - its impossible to tell

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A picture is essential - the good news is he's acting normal and eating? A good diet is always a good idea:). It could have been a wound from transfer - or bullying. I would doubt an infection but as already mentioned - without a picture - its impossible to tell
791B7CD1-0196-474D-80C7-35A0A8C187D6.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont believe a dietary issue but rather bacterial or can be cysts or ulcers. Giving you a diagnosis with pics or videos however is a pure guess. Set your phone on video mode and drop a little food and walk away for 30 seconds.- You must walk away - You should be able to capture video , then post. Do this under white lighting

Attachments

• 7E3CCDA0-1531-4B4D-893B-F4228691AEA0.jpeg
    7E3CCDA0-1531-4B4D-893B-F4228691AEA0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Appears to be bacterial But pic very fuzzy. Start with a FW dip for 4-5 minutes and place in quarantine and treat with seachem Kanaplex and add aeration. Other option is Ruby Rally Pro.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be bacterial But pic very fuzzy. Start with a FW dip for 4-5 minutes and place in quarantine and treat with seachem Kanaplex and add aeration. Other option is Ruby Rally Pro.
Sorry, couldn’t get a better pic. Would I be able to does those thing’s straight into the tank? I don’t have room in my room for a quarantine tank and I wouldn’t be able to set one up right now. Is there an alternative?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry, couldn’t get a better pic. Would I be able to does those thing’s straight into the tank? I don’t have room in my room for a quarantine tank and I wouldn’t be able to set one up right now. Is there an alternative?
Ruby rally yes, Kanaplex, I prefer quarantine setting.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks! I'm hoping to set up a quarantine tank soon, but haven't gotten the chance. I ordered the Ruby rally and should get it soon. When I do get it, how often and how much should I does? I have a 32.5 gallon mixed reef.
Dose at 2.5oz per day for 3 days and see how fish looks on day 4. If better, stop, if still remnants, do one more 3 day dosing

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back