OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone thinking of doing a floating scape? I have only worked with glass tanks so i don't know if superglue will stick to these little plastic ones.
Yeah, I'm thinking of going this route. I had thought magnets, but they add extra bulk I couldn't afford in the tiny space so I think I'm going to try another route for making it "floaty." Haha

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm thinking of going this route. I had thought magnets, but they add extra bulk I couldn't afford in the tiny space so I think I'm going to try another route for making it "floaty." Haha
There is small magnets that will work and use rubble and reef cement to make it around the magnet.

Chowder's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if I got suckered into this or what, but something arrived today...
PSX_20210910_141926.jpg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK any ideas on how to plumb an external container? I have a few but wanted to see if I could just copy off someone else. They all involve another small pump and tubing running from the regular sump to the "super sump" and then back to the display. There will be drilling involved and it may not look pretty. I am going for the train wreck look tbh. As long as it doesn't leak.

OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK any ideas on how to plumb an external container I have a few. They all involve another small pump and tubing running from the regular sump to the "super sump" and then back to the display. There will be drilling involved and it may not look pretty. I am going for the train wreck look tbh. As long as it doesn't leak.
I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I'm thinking of making a mini U tube for the overflow and then an over the tank return so I don't have to drill anything. I am going to drill for the ATO, but I'd like to avoid drilling otherwise just in case my sump idea fails lol

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your looking to add a different sump, just put airline tubing through bottom of return side and drain. Then you can attach a control valve at bottom to shutoff flow for both. You can buy clear acrylic rods and heat and bend for nozzle. I did the nozzle part for my tank. Use glue to seal bottom where tubing goes into display. If you want a more hang on back you can find glass pipes and U joints.
20210910_194041.jpg
20210910_194102.jpg

OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your looking to add a different sump, just put airline tubing through bottom of return side and drain. Then you can attach a control valve at bottom to shutoff flow for both. You can buy clear acrylic rods and heat and bend for nozzle. I did the nozzle part for my tank. Use glue to seal bottom where tubing goes into display. If you want a more hang on back you can find glass pipes and U joints.
20210910_194041.jpg
20210910_194102.jpg
Can you show more where to stick the airline and then where it would come out of to attach to a separate sump container? Would the tank need to be drilled anywhere?

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show more where to stick the airline and then where it would come out of to attach to a separate sump container? Would the tank need to be drilled anywhere?
No drilling may ve needed if you can run it out through the sump holes where the power cords go. Tubing through those 2 ports in back should fit without drilling. Use the less rigid tubing. I make no garauntees with drilling and will be the risk to whoever dicides to try it. But it should be drillable if larger hole is needed.

This first picture shows the hole already made. I used a dropper cut to attach airline tubing to spray nozzle.
20210910_202703.jpg

This is the drain to sump. Where you can add another tubing through. This maybe where a larger hole could/ maybe needed. Again at your own risk. Drill slow and increase bit size slowly.
20210910_202730.jpg

OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No drilling may ve needed if you can run it out through the sump holes where the power cords go. Tubing through those 2 ports in back should fit without drilling. Use the less rigid tubing. I make no garauntees with drilling and will be the risk to whoever dicides to try it. But it should be drillable if larger hole is needed.

This first picture shows the hole already made. I used a dropper cut to attach airline tubing to spray nozzle.
20210910_202703.jpg

This is the drain to sump. Where you can add another tubing through. This maybe where a larger hole could/ maybe needed. Again at your own risk. Drill slow and increase bit size slowly.
20210910_202730.jpg
Thanks! This makes a lot of sense. I'll have to check mine out when I get a chance this weekend and see what I can rig up.

faceymcfaceface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my tank this last Thursday.

Started the build process and also started a build thread.

So I guess count me in officially now.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back