*Unofficial* Mini Complete Tank Contest

redvsblue23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got some used prime HD’s off eBay and a larger return pump for the mini tanks. Going to crank the power way down on the lights but I think they’ll be worth it.

17646442-2584-4E66-B7E3-4058BA9CF1EE.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me how to add a link to my signature?
If you go to your profile there should be a sidebar that gives you the option to edit your signature. Just paste the URL in there. I haven't tried to do it in awhile (years) though, so I could be wrong.

OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, no setting them up until the 1st! You can run test water through it, but everyone needs to hold off for just another 10 days! :)

OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mini reefers!!!
I hope everyone is as stoked as I am that we're almost to start day on the mini complete contest!! If you haven't already, feel free to make a build thread and share it with the rest of us here (not required for the contest). I plan to get my act together and have my build thread going tomorrow. :)

I need to make a couple DIY items for the overflow and returns on my tank, so hopefully I'll have something to show for myself by the afternoon.

How many of you have also changed your scape plans a million times? o_O So many ideas, so little room lol

phenom3030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah! Absolutely! It's totally fine to run water through it and fine tune some things. Just no cycling process or critters until the 1st :)
Ok will do! I’ll empty the water and play with my scape until the first! Thank you so much!

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to let tall know, if your top happens to have received a top the has bent/curve in it. It will crack along sides. While still useable, ill be more than likely doing warranty on lid. Ill post pictures later today. Just something for tall to look out for.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think mine’s gonna make it in time. Ordered from AquariumLowCost.com on the 9th.

Is it possible to enter late?
I think there was an exception for the first month to allow for shipping delays, I belive @Maddlesrain mentioned that a few pages back. I can try to find the post in a bit, or someone might find it before I find my coffee......

OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Maddlesrain Not sure if anyone has said this yet but THANK YOU for putting this out there and monitoring it and keeping us all updated, etc. I am excited to start!!
D'aww thanks! ;Cat I'm so happy you have all joined me, and already so inspired by what I've seen from everyone so far!! You all are awesome!
I don’t think mine’s gonna make it in time. Ordered from AquariumLowCost.com on the 9th.

Is it possible to enter late?
Yes, if you order before Oct. 1 (which you have), you have a late pass. You also have until the 31st to get your tank going for the soft start :)
I think there was an exception for the first month to allow for shipping delays, I belive @Maddlesrain mentioned that a few pages back. I can try to find the post in a bit, or someone might find it before I find my coffee......
Yup! I think it's page 3 that has the updated rules.

slacker036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am disappointed I did not see this thread earlier, I might have been able to get one in time to join in, although knowing I have two separate one week vacations coming up over the next 12 months the Mini would probably not make the year mark without a complete crash anyways. :( I will be watching to see how everyone progresses.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back