Unusual aquascapes?

Garpgarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the next few months I'll be looking to revamp my tank from a boulder in an old braced freshwater tank to something a bit more inspired. Trying to strike a balance between novelty and practicality seems to be the biggest challenge. Nevertheless I'm wondering if anyone here has good examples of aquascapes specifically that try to break the mold.

To start things off here is an old tank belonging to a NR user called pisces4u. While the large rock and gsp carpet seem to detract in my opinion, the tree looks absolutely incredible. It also seems to limit what else you could add to the tank without taking focus away from the feature.

1665174362815.png

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any amazing pics to share, but keep in mind that if you plan to have fish you do need more rock with lots of caves and hiding places for the fish to feel safe . Many of the negative space aquascapes look awesome, but just aren’t a good environment for fish.
If it’s coral and inverts only, then you would have more freedom to try dramatic scapes.

OP
OP
G

Garpgarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any amazing pics to share, but keep in mind that if you plan to have fish you do need more rock with lots of caves and hiding places for the fish to feel safe . Many of the negative space aquascapes look awesome, but just aren’t a good environment for fish.
If it’s coral and inverts only, then you would have more freedom to try dramatic scapes.
Yeah, keeping fish happy seems to run opposite most minimalist scape ideas. Clowns might be the easiest if you work a nem into it, imprisoned on a rock. I can't see the nano gobies being hard to plan for either.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back