rjl45

rjl45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new updates on your system?
200+ days update:
Scrubber is going strong and has been the single best modifation I have done to my 24gal nano. Nitrates and phospahtes running near zero all the time, have zero algae in the DT, only clean the glass one time a week. I do weekly maintenance cleaning the scrubber and scrape the glass a little, and my biweekly WC and that's it.

Since the phospahtes dropped near zero, the corals consumption of calcium and alkalinity has risen dramatically! Prior to the scrubber, biweekly water changes provided sufficient supplements for the corals. Now I have to dose 20ppm calc and 1dkh Alk daily. Corals are growing and super happy.

BTW... it's cost me virtually nothing to run for 8 months. I thinks that's a lot cheaper than GFO or other nutrient export methods where the media has to be replaced [emoji2]

Happy scrubbing everyone!

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200+ days update:
Scrubber is going strong and has been the single best modifation I have done to my 24gal nano. Nitrates and phospahtes running near zero all the time, have zero algae in the DT, only clean the glass one time a week. I do weekly maintenance cleaning the scrubber and scrape the glass a little, and my biweekly WC and that's it.

Since the phospahtes dropped near zero, the corals consumption of calcium and alkalinity has risen dramatically! Prior to the scrubber, biweekly water changes provided sufficient supplements for the corals. Now I have to dose 20ppm calc and 1dkh Alk daily. Corals are growing and super happy.

BTW... it's cost me virtually nothing to run for 8 months. I thinks that's a lot cheaper than GFO or other nutrient export methods where the media has to be replaced [emoji2]

Happy scrubbing everyone!
Good stuff :) Post an updated growth pic!

ChuzUThisDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rjl45 Would you mind sharing pics of what the scrubber looks like now after a week's growth? I've been wanting to do this for some time and haven't yet, but reading your thread has given the desire again.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 56 50.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back