Upgrade pump for Fluval evo?

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone, im looking to upgrade my Fluval stock pump as well but it sounds like the top 2 pumps are the Ehiem 1000 and the Sicce 1.0. I have concerns over noise and the stock pump is whisper quiet whereas you can hear anything. How does the 2 mentioned pumps compare to noise with the stock pump for the Fluval 13.5 Evo?

Upvote 0

Jonathan175

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you love talking about Fluval evo mods, you could maybe tell me how to improve the filtration in the back chambers?
I’m already planning to upgrade light to the ai prime but not sure how to improve the filtration
Well if you love talking about Fluval evo mods, you could maybe tell me how to improve the filtration in the back chambers?
I’m already planning to upgrade light to the ai prime but not sure how to improve the filtration
Ai prime 16HD and sicce 1.0 return pump and for filtration intank for chamber 1 and chamber 2 it’s what I did and it’s all working great

Upvote 0

Jonathan175

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow-up, i chose the Sicce 1.0 and just installed it. Running great at 251gpm and whisper quiet. i cant hear the pump at all. My ps2 skimmer is much louder than the Sicce.
I’m running the same pump and intank for chamber 1 and 2 plus Ai prime 16HD

Upvote 0

Sushguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just kept the stock return and put in a jebao mcp-70 (gyre knock off). It gets the job done. Filtration set up is intank chamber 1 media basket (filter floss,carbon,marine pure and bio balls), 2nd chamber is set up to be a refugium (just chaeto and cope pods) with a $12 Amazon grow light. So far my tank seems to be happy! It's a very minimal tank. 3 ocellaris, 1 Duncan frag, GSP frag, purple tip anemone, firefish, fire red shrimp and 3 blue hermits. Hope this helps in any small way.

Upvote 0

Nanolifeuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old post but just to throw my 2 pence in… I’m now on my 4th sicce silent. First 3 rattled so loud. I bought two from the lfs and one online and they all had the same problem. For months I just put up with the rattling but I have got a sicce 0.5 now.
Hoping this is quieter (I have ordered a Nero 3 powerhead to compensate the flow.

Upvote 0

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an old thread... But has anyone ever tried the Mighty Jet DC Desktop pump? I think it's 315gph, but adjustable. Or the regular Mighty Jet that does a little over 500gph? I believe they're made by Aqua Illumination.

Upvote 0

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an old thread... But has anyone ever tried the Mighty Jet DC Desktop pump? I think it's 315gph, but adjustable. Or the regular Mighty Jet that does a little over 500gph? I believe they're made by Aqua Illumination.
never tried but i would love to. Don't think it will fit though, chamber 3 is only 3.75" wide. The mini might fit though

Upvote 0

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that works but the controller is dead-ish and I haven’t thrown it out yet. It might fit if the intake “snout” were cut off flush with the body to be able to clear where the baffle sticks out. For the sake of experimentation I may hack this pump up to see if it works but let me think about it.
FE5F9B4E-B84D-40E8-9AC7-9AF18FA4857E.jpeg
809604A6-F58D-4ED2-B7E2-46460B679DB9.jpeg
9E6F2E66-2296-417A-B45D-26AB555133DD.jpeg

Upvote 0

hana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pumps are good for a Fluval evo (to upgrade)?
This might be a bit late, but I used the oase optimax 800 pump. It has been fantastic. Apparently, it is made by the same company as eheim...as told by staff in local fish shop‍♀️either way, it is much quieter that the sicce pump I had originally replaced it with. I will attach videos for both. Also, apologies my phone camera does not pick up uv light well....
What pumps are good for a Fluval evo (to upgrade)?

Attachments

• 20230306_121057.mp4
    13.1 MB
  • 20230306_223501.mp4
    10.3 MB
Upvote 0

bratfink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just ordered this pump for my Evo as a backup for my Sicce 1.0. It looks interesting with alot of output for the size. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

@Reef Jockey any update?
The only remaining original item in my 13.5 ( the pump) has gone weak and I’m looking for the best replacement.

Upvote 0

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ZKSJ pump is excellent. It works great and also has a wave mode. The pump is alot stronger than my older Sicce 1.0 whereas i only run it at 60% on constant flow. Fits easily in my Evo chamber 3 and super quiet on constant mode. can't hear a thing. i'd definitely run nothing else

Upvote 0

bratfink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ZKSJ pump is excellent. It works great and also has a wave mode. The pump is alot stronger than my older Sicce 1.0 whereas i only run it at 60% on constant flow. Fits easily in my Evo chamber 3 and super quiet on constant mode. can't hear a thing. i'd definitely run nothing else
Thanks, Mine arrived yesterday. I also bought the Sicce 1.0, I’ll compare.

Upvote 0

JonnyKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I'm running a sicce 0.5 and it's silent. I found half the battle is sitting it correctly in the chamber. If something touches it then it rattles. I'm then running 2 baskets, first with floss and rock, the second with a foam filter and then carbon, but leaving the bottom tray empty so it doesn't restrict flow. I have rfg,s and then a cp1 circulation pump. I am tempted to go for the sicce 1.0. I was advised it would be too much but if a cp1 works at 1000lph then a 950lph should be fine in my mind.

Upvote 0

brow82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just ordered this pump for my Evo as a backup for my Sicce 1.0. It looks interesting with alot of output for the size. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Just wondered how you was getting on with it as been looking at this pump myself

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back