Upgrading 29gal to 190

Scaggs1117

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Messages
193
Reaction score
39
Location
Queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 29gal reef tank for prob 2 years, tank is deff established. I’m planning on buying a 190 72x26x24 display making it mixed reef. If i put the rock from my tank now in the new display or even the sump, will that prevent the ugly phase or algae boom? Or is there no way around that
 
The ugly phase is caused by the silicate in the sand mostly. New sand will give you an ugly phase no matter what. Best thing to do is ride it out, it goes away and if part of the process.
 
The ugly phase is caused by the silicate in the sand mostly. New sand will give you an ugly phase no matter what. Best thing to do is ride it out, it goes away and if part of the process.
Yeah I figured, was just curious
Thanks for your input
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new