Upgrading my biocube 32!

Dustinba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Steve's led upgrade on mine also . Trying to get Hurricane controller to cycle them on and off. How are you controlling it through phone , do u have WiFi on your. Also what app. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ahh my apologizes, I didn’t see you have the hurricane controller. I have the bluefish mini controller which connects to my WiFi. I don’t know anything about the hurricane. Sorry. Can you not find videos on YouTube about it? Or download a manual online?

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the candid feedback! Dod you have it in chamber #1?
Note that the current (improved?) Coralife skimmer does NOT use an air stone. I've never quite understood a skimmer in chamber 2 after filtration. What's left to skim?

Last edited:

virginreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have a dosing system set up on your biocube. Can I ask which brand you have and why? why not the "polyp lab all in on"? I only ask because I am wondering if I should get the all in one or the individual dosing.

You're correct in lighting being totally inadequate in the BC32. Coralife's own specs say peak Par of about 80 I think it was with average Par around 60.

I added a Steve's LED fixture to the stock hood which will grow anything and everything. There are also a coupe of other options out there if you want to keep the hood on. If the hood isn't important then you can always pull it and run any light you choose.

Outside of lighting I have an Icecap K2-50 skimmer in chamber 2 with the InTank media rack. Chamber 3 has a Sicce 1.5 return pump with dosing tubes and probe holder.

virginreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biocube 32

Removed hood and replaced with cut pieces of glass. I leave the back open.

SB reeflights 16" wifi for lights

Aquamaxx HOB1 protien skimmer

I use the middle compartment as a rufugium with cheato. I use a magnetic fuge light.

Still use the stock pump but i have 2 mp10s that i run at about 30% on long pulse mode in the tank.

Use a jaebo 4 head doser to dose kalkwasser and 2 part.

With this setup i can grow anything in the tank.

Good luck! Fun little tanks
20170428_192441.jpg
Where did you get the glass cut out? DIY project or store bought?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have a dosing system set up on your biocube. Can I ask which brand you have and why? why not the "polyp lab all in on"? I only ask because I am wondering if I should get the all in one or the individual dosing.
I am using the Coral Box Wifi Doser because its compact, easy to Setup/Pogram and affordable in the grand scheme of things. Currently dosing Tropic Marin’s ”All for Reef” which is a one part supplment. When I made that post a while back now I was dosing BRS two part with two heads of the doser with an amino of some sort on a 3rd head.

I am not familiar with the Polyp Lab product you’re referring to but there’s many a program you could use to supplement with. All will most likely have pro’s and cons to the individual user.

virginreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok gotcha… thanks for the timely feedback

I am using the Coral Box Wifi Doser because its compact, easy to Setup/Pogram and affordable in the grand scheme of things. Currently dosing Tropic Marin’s ”All for Reef” which is a one part supplment. When I made that post a while back now I was dosing BRS two part with two heads of the doser with an amino of some sort on a 3rd head.

I am not familiar with the Polyp Lab product you’re referring to but there’s many a program you could use to supplement with. All will most likely have pro’s and cons to the individual user.

Attachments

• Polyp Lab 1.pdf
    187.6 KB · Views: 99

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 169 72.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back