Sean1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Just a heads up and I could be totally wrong. That picture you posted of the snails. The one closest to your fingers on the last pic may look like one I have seen in a fellow reefers tank. It was a snail / hermit killing machine. What it will do is climb onto the shell and literally drill into the shell and eat/suck out what ever crustacean its on. I cant remember what the snails are called and I could be wrong its been many years since i have seen one. But if you start seeing dead snails or hermits with a hole somewhere on the shell that is your guy.

"Edit" The last pic closet to fingers, With the Spine like pointers going down the one side.

Last edited:

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Just a heads up and I could be totally wrong. That picture you posted of the snails. The one closest to your fingers on the last pic may look like one I have seen in a fellow reefers tank. It was a snail / hermit killing machine. What it will do is climb onto the shell and literally drill into the shell and eat/suck out what ever crustacean its on. I cant remember what the snails are called and I could be wrong its been many years since i have seen one. But if you start seeing dead snails or hermits with a hole somewhere on the shell that is your guy.
That's just Savage

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mantis shrimp hunting supplies

20180707_131516.jpg

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good to know, I'll keep an eye out

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot believe you got it! ;WideyedNice work. Did he just grab the snack and hold on while you pulled him out? Will you come catch my pistol shrimp??:)

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot believe you got it! ;WideyedNice work. Did he just grab the snack and hold on while you pulled him out? Will you come catch my pistol shrimp??:)

Actually it was the shrimp grabbing the sinker as when it grabbed the bait it just tore away. And the jib needs to be placed inside the net with the powerheads turned off.

And why catch the pistol shrimp, those guys are cool, but noisy. Just get it a goby friend

Back