OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i do believe the fish i got are threespot damselfish, not sure thought. the body coloring it correct but these guys have a yellow caudal fin and blue pectoral fins. anyway so the next set in the set up to order the 22000 pod three specie mix from @AlgaeBarn to get my pod-ulation going ;). and finally order 2 of the Mitras LX7206 from GHL. fish may start coming before the lights we shall see o_O

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i do believe the fish i got are threespot damselfish, not sure thought. the body coloring it correct but these guys have a yellow caudal fin and blue pectoral fins. anyway so the next set in the set up to order the 22000 pod three specie mix from @AlgaeBarn to get my pod-ulation going ;). and finally order 2 of the Mitras LX7206 from GHL. fish may start coming before the lights we shall see o_O
Great lights. Just make sure you test them and don't burn the water

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AlgaeBarn goodies arrived and are in my tank

Resized_20180720_105424_9948.jpg
20180720_163509.jpg

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so this just happened

Capture.JPG

my lights are finally ordered. GHL is how ever on their annual 2 week, shut everything down Europe wide vacation thing that everyone does over there until august 5. so it could be another month or more before i get them

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't they be coming from @Vinny@GHLUSA in Florida?

Don't know, they have a popup that says no orders will be processed or e mails replied to... thing on their site. Guess it all depends on how independent their US operations are.

I've worked for EU companies before, they all do this and you end up wasting a lot of time trying to get things done even with full autonomy in the US

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know, they have a popup that says no orders will be processed or e mails replied to... thing on their site. Guess it all depends on how independent their US operations are.

I've worked for EU companies before, they all do this and you end up wasting a lot of time trying to get things done even with full autonomy in the US
I also worked for an Icelandic conpany, and for 2 months it was almist imposible to gdt much out of them. Eveey summer Good luck

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like CNY over here. China shuts down, so most other folks take the same vacation too. Manufacturing all but stops world wide.

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know that feeling of dread when you see a leak on your tank and as you clean it up you're wondering where you're going to get a new tank and how are you going to get stock tanks home when the only place to get them is an hour away and they're already closed.

Denial sets in as you check every seam in the tank and pipe connection and don't see anything.

So you just clean up the water cause it's a slow leak and maybe someone just spilled their water as everyone uses the tank stand as an end table. You don't see any more water coming out so all is good. Then a couple hours later you see another puddle of water. You freak out and clean it up, and this time see where the water is coming from.

Then sure joy, relief and delight pours over you as you realize it just that your return pump is turned up too high. It's not a leak after all just water splashing over the edge of the tank when the sea swirl is pointing at that end of the tank. You slow the return pump down, the water level drops, no more splashing and no more water in the people space

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The software part of these lights is the only thing I don't like about them. Once you get them up and going, they're awesome, but dang if the software and firmware upgrading drove me crazy. I'm sure it had a lot to do with running windows on a mac, but it was overly complicated to get firmware upgraded. Hopefully you have a smooth experience!

They're powerful lights!

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The software part of these lights is the only thing I don't like about them. Once you get them up and going, they're awesome, but dang if the software and firmware upgrading drove me crazy. I'm sure it had a lot to do with running windows on a mac, but it was overly complicated to get firmware upgraded. Hopefully you have a smooth experience!

They're powerful lights!

Updating the firmware was simple enough and no issues as was geting them online other than remembering the admin password for my router

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back