Upgrading my tank by 1200%

The time has come to install my lights. Had to buy this guy cause yeah the metric system

20180811_123355.jpg


Than had to make sure I still knew how to use a dial caliper, so I drilled a test hole in some scrap

20180811_123612.jpg


And it works

20180811_123702.jpg
 
Last edited:
So here we have the positions of the lights marked and where the holes need to be for the the anchors
20180811_125555.jpg


Anchor holes drilled
20180811_130350.jpg


Power cable holes drilled

20180811_133109.jpg


And vent holes drilled

20180811_133052.jpg


Soon as the new paint dries it will be time to hang the lights
 
Mkay here we go, light installed and leveled

20180811_142346.jpg


Wires out of the way for now, the extra will be cut after I figure out if they need to lowered

20180811_151905.jpg


Both lights

20180811_143901.jpg


FTS with lights, finally, coming soon
 
So just ordered the first 2 fish, that didn't come with my rock, for the tank today. Bonus points to whom ever can guess what they are
 
Not reef related I know but finished up another DIY project

20180823_183619.jpg


I didn't make the freezer in case you were wondering.

Anyway back to the tank current fish count is as follows:

Yellow tang
Purple tang
Gold stripe maroon
Snowflake clown
Darwin clown
2 damsels

Giving the fish some time to settle in before I get some wrasses and gobys/ jaw fish

Also on the look out for a sweet lightning and mocha storm/ frostbite
 
So been a week or so since I updated anything so here it goes...

Finaly blacked out my return line as it was full of algae and installed my auotfeader

20180901_122700.jpg
 
What it that? I seen a lot of it on my hob refugium when I was cleaning it out for my tank upgrade.
 
City sending you crap water? Just upgrade
20180906_171006.jpg


Now I wonder if I can back charge them for the crazy service :mad::rolleyes:
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new