Upgrading to larger tank

Zamzam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I currently have a 40 gal breeder tank with a sump that I made out of my old 29gal tank. I was gifted a larger tank that I want to use. My initial concern is that the current stand will not carry my new tank, and I can't seem to find a stand for this new one. The dimensions are 36"X18"X25" so I am assuming this is a 65 gal tank. My current stand is an Imagitarium (Petco Brand) metal stand for 40gallon. The two tanks have the same length and with so it would fit on the stand but I don't know if it can handle the weight (can't find max weight capacity online). Additionally, I cant seem to find any stands that are listed for 65 gallons. Does anyone have any advice or ideas where I can find an inexpensive stand for this tank, or if they think my current stand can support the weight?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those Imagitarium stands all look like the same materials (steel) for 29 gallon up to 55 gallon. I suspect that it'd be fine. Set it up in a garage/parking/patio lot with tap water (hose) and test it. Use a garbage can and a bucket (or something equalling 700# or more) if you don't want to use the new tank.

No guarantees of course. You can always DIY out of 2x4. Inexpensive and easy just cover with some black cloth. All kinds of how-tos on here and youtube. Most are seriously over engineered but you'd have peace of mind.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back