UPS delivery late

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saf1 @Salty and Spooky . You guys have me sold, is this PacificEastAquaculture you are talk about?

@Chrisz , had to say nice haul coming. Send some pics if you like. I was not sure, but it looked like you have a blueberry gorg in there. If so, just wanted to be sure you had checked out their care needs.
Yup, Mac Had a crazy sale and I had to cry this year because I really wanted to score some more of his clams. Super great prices but I wasn't up to the stress of shipping anything this time of year. Our delivery folks have been burning tires in the hood for weeks so I've limited purchases to essential items. Her birthday is the 17th and sadly she doesn't like corals like me but occasionally I still buy some for her!

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s annoying is I called UPS to see if they could ask the driver to deliver it sooner as it’s live and they tell me there’s no way to contact the driver? Seems bizarre..and the driver has passed my house 5 times between other deliveries too :(
I have my UPS deliveries stopped at the hub so I can pick them up. Been doing this for years, it has solved many problems of late deliveries. Overnight is always there by 12 pm. I usually pick up at 10 am giving them enough time as I won’t be in their way. It’s a lot of drivers, conveyor belt and office personnel in a fast pace situation loading all the trucks. I even call in surepost packages to have them held there for pick up. Definitely works.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my UPS deliveries stopped at the hub so I can pick them up. Been doing this for years, it has solved many problems of late deliveries. Overnight is always there by 12 pm. I usually pick up at 10 am giving them enough time as I won’t be in their way. It’s a lot of drivers, conveyor belt and office personnel in a fast pace situation loading all the trucks. I even call in surepost packages to have them held there for pick up. Definitely works.
When I placed my order with PEA I asked them about doing this. They said It works great in the smaller cities/towns, but in bigger cities they have had a lot of problems and she suggested having it come straight to my house.

Crossing my fingers. I see my package was checked into Miami this morning. At least it’s out of the cold.

jmcdona6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont buy livestock around the holidays for this reason. My house for standard ground is usually delivered by 1pm. I'm still waiting for a non livestock package and its 6:30pm still out for delivery. By 10am becomes whenever that day...if you are lucky. People don't appreciate how much more UPS/FEDEX have to move in December compared to a normal period...now with less resources to do it due to COVID.

Buy local or wait until January, avoid the holiday craziness.

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also from MI and my order from PAC East did not come at 10:30 am as anticipated on Weds; but at 11:40, so I really can’t complain. My UPS driver knows me (also a reef guy) and told me it’s not a good idea to order live stock this time of year since UPS does NOT guarantee delivery by 10:30 am for next day air.

The bags were ice cold (I didn’t dare take a temp to further freak myself out), but just opened and floated for a good long while until they came to tank temp. I ordered long tentacle anemones, a tux urchin and a lettuce slug. I really didn’t think most would make it, but everyone is fine!

My hats also off to PAC East for their excellent customer service. One of the anemones I ordered was apparently not looking too good the day it was being bagged up. Dr. Mac himself called me to ask what I wanted to do. He hooked me up big time with replacements (yes, 2 for 1). Rachel had emailed me over the weekend to request a day later shipment due to UPS delivery/black friday and I was fine with a day later since I WFH anyway. She even called me to make sure everything arrived to my liking.

Like others have said, PAC East can have a lot of no frills corals, etc., but their customer service is excellent and I will be purchasing from them again, although, not over the holidays for at a minimum, my own sanity. :)

I wonder though, does FedEx also not guarantee timed delivery this time of year? If so, I will be waiting on ordering from other vendors as well.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals are doing great for those who wondered :) I don’t have a good camera to get a pic that does them justice!

219499C1-63FF-4C45-B593-73096C3B3DDD.jpeg

Back