Urchins and sand bed corals

Bcook1016

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2024
Messages
229
Reaction score
53
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will my urchin nock over my torch coral or disturb it and I’m getting a plate coral for the sand bed will it be okay with the urchin or will it walk over it and kill it?
 
Should be fine with plate corals. I have urchins that leave corals alone and I have urchins that have to try to knock stuff over so I can't say with confidance your torch will be ok with out being firmly attached to something to big for an urchin to move.
 
Urchins just have a personality to grab everything it can get a hold of and take it for a joy ride. If its not glued down. Expect the urchin to use it as a hat.

Mine will take them off magnetic plugs. Sometimes it even pulled some loose from glue.

No its won't kill anything by stepping over corals. It can irritate or potentially harm/kill a coral over time if you let the uchin continue to use it as a hat.
 
My pincushions will pick up anything that isn't glued down. My tuxedo's did the same but these pincushions are much stronger.
PXL_20240925_212335894.jpg


I repossessed the rock but it's been carrying the gsp around for probably 2 weeks. It was piece hanging off in a dark area not opening. It's doing much better on the urchin lol
PXL_20241013_210641685.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new