OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hardest part will be if he tries to explain it away.

Wait a minute. The phone with the pictures was your brother's??

I'm sure I missed something.

Hello,

No not my brothers. So my brother is dating this girl Marie, and my co worker is also dating a Marie. I never knew it was the same girl until another co worker pointed it out. So the co worker who is dating Marie showed me pictures of him and her on their date night. Yet my brother has a family pic of just him and her in his wall now. I guess neither of them (guys) know Marie has more than one bf.

@Brew12 lol I’m still chewing on yours trying to understand it. The best words I could come up with was from the band group Queen, “I want to break free”. This should be my brothers motivation song.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

No not my brothers. So my brother is dating this girl Marie, and my co worker is also dating a Marie. I never knew it was the same girl until another co worker pointed it out. So the co worker who is dating Marie showed me pictures of him and her on their date night. Yet my brother has a family pic of just him and her in his wall now. I guess neither of them (guys) know Marie has more than one bf.

@Brew12 lol I’m still chewing on yours trying to understand it. The best words I could come up with was from the band group Queen, “I want to break free”. This should be my brothers motivation song.
Brew was quoting the lyrics of a Jimmy Buffett song (entitled “Fruitcakes”).

Maybe let your dad have a man to man talk with your brother. That is a big burden for you to bear, especially since you have a coworker involved too. Tough spot to be in, for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well I humbly have to admit the reason I had cyano. It was because I had high nitrates. Apparently my api test kit went bad and kept telling me undectable nitrates. Had my lfs do a test and I had around 15 ppm nitrates. The Red Sea was a tad higher but still under 20ppm. In addition my api test said my alk was 8 but was actually six. I brought the whole kit back in, and tested and compared each bottle test with one of theirs and a Red Sea. Now api said I had 8 that night and I tested around noon, and said 8. Yet again the lfs showed 6 and redsea was like 5.5 but not 6.

Now that I have started the dosing the normal amount again the cyano has really slowed down a lot. I will have to blow a few rocks off still, but the sand bed is almost clear again. Not sure how my tank builds nitrates sooooo fast. My eshopps s300 should easily handle a heavy bioload in a 240.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I have been recovering from not working 24 hour shifts and wow. It took everything to stay awake and not dose off with people around me lol.

As I work on my tank, I have made my Maximus clam mad and honestly I have no idea what to do about it. He normal puts his mantle out on the settings I have for lights. It has been this way for almost over a year now. The only thing I changed was flow and that’s it. So I moved it back as close as I could and after three days he is still not fully out he closes up a lot. Now he for some reason has never attached his foot onto his rock and not sure why. But he hasn’t moved in over a year. I’m curious if a crab or something got in below his shell wheee the opening is for his threads and foot. Everything else is fine, maybe I need to turn my lights down to get him to open up. He has some of the mantle out but not as much as normal is less than half and still really pretty blue. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do, since he has been just super happy in that spot. I only moved the return nozzles down for more flow and moved them back up where they were breaking water again. My nitrates are back down to about 5pp-10 ppm roughly. I always thought clams liked dirtier water more anyway. But I’m at a total loss on this one.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clams have always been difficult for me. You probably had some swings while you were in the hospital. That may have been enough there to cause it to begin to decline. Hopefully it will come back around.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

He was fine when I came home from the hospital, he was fine on Sunday also, he became upset as soon as I moved the flow. To be safe and check, (he has never attached, so I looked under neath him, and didn’t see any snails or crabs and kinda moved some water in there. I set him level again and he opened up a little more after 30 min, but not like before. But as he was closed up and looked or tried to find his foot (since he never attached) I didn’t know what to look for. But I will have to find more articles on them

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Good morning dear friends, or whatever time it is. I went home on my food break and checked on my clam and well he is back to normal. Maybe just by flushing his Bissau valve out with one of the wave makers, helped him because his mantle is out again. It also may have been he was sitting awarkard or couldn’t open in his little spot. But made sure he was level and that no snails or crabs were in there. I don’t know what to look for (saw far as his foot goes). He has never attached and there is just the opening for his foot. But tank seems to be better since I increased the noprox dose to bring nitrates back down. Just now working tk make sure the tank parameters stay super stable so I don’t lose any thing.

Sure can not wait to have a nap today lol.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Does everyone have those days where your excited to be at work but then after the first few hours prefer to go back home. Do love work a lot but, now that spring is almost here I find myself wanting to be outside more and doing more stuff. I am hoping they get rid of day light savings time sometime soon.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Does everyone have those days where your excited to be at work but then after the first few hours prefer to go back home. Do love work a lot but, now that spring is almost here I find myself wanting to be outside more and doing more stuff. I am hoping they get rid of day light savings time sometime soon.

Time to take a rotation on a life flite crew and catch a new view outside your windows!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does everyone have those days where your excited to be at work but then after the first few hours prefer to go back home.

I call those weekdays.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The boss was telling me today about a project he would like to get done before we get busy stocking fish in April....he also was asking weren't you going to take some more time off soon( My annual leave is almost maxed). So tomorrow, I'm going to put a day off on the calendar for next week...and the week after that....and the week after that....oh look it's April...gonna be on the road for the next couple months.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Enjoy life. You will be 50 in the blink of an eye. I have about 20 years that the only thing I have to say about is "I was at work". My son completely changed my calendar. Now my feet hurt all the time and I barely make enough to pay for groceries, but I can tell you every book we have read together and every moment with him that stopped time.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy life. You will be 50 in the blink of an eye. I have about 20 years that the only thing I have to say about is "I was at work". My son completely changed my calendar. Now my feet hurt all the time and I barely make enough to pay for groceries, but I can tell you every book we have read together and every moment with him that stopped time.
Well said! [emoji846]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to take a rotation on a life flite crew and catch a new view outside your windows!

Hello,

Your not the first to say that, my oldest wants me to join the military and be a field doctor. It’s crossed my mind but not sure about a few things. My family dr goes away and comes back and she is still in the service. She also thinks I should do it, but also says, she has mixed feelings about it.

My parents think I would be amazing as a life flight lead as well. However in Boise and I haven’t looked at the other hospitals. But, most are advanced paramedics or nurse practitioners or prior military medics. But it’s amazing to have on a resume so I have been chewing on it.

@Katrina71 some times the little ones are the ones that never hurt us. Life is precious no time for bad words or thoughts, only good words good thoughts good deeds. If I had to choose, I’d rather be poor. I have more respect for the lower and middle class people. (Not all wealthy do this) but I can’t stand the oh look at me look at me I’m a Kardashian (it’s sooooooooooooo lame their name shows up in my dictionary on my phone (oh so deleted). Some people who are super wealthy I have been fond of, but not many. Those who can are poor enjoy life more and the little things that matter. Not who plays more golf or, has the better car collection. But those who have true friends, and happiness, and items doesn’t make one happy, it only gives a false illusion to it.

@fish farmer that sounds amazing, I had almost three weeks off but didn’t really get to enjoy them. At least I’m not on the hit list to burn comp time now lol. But still have a ton of sick leave.

I miss being a little girl, where I had summers to look forward to and wondering what I was gonna do. It disturbs me greatly that as society we begin to train even our children how to do a work environment. But miss Saturday cartoons the most.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this on my Facebook feed this morning. Made me think of you.... :)

work.jpeg

Last edited:

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well said. I turn 50 in May, when my next "big" vacation is.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[emoji1320][emoji177][emoji177]

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Your not the first to say that, my oldest wants me to join the military and be a field doctor. It’s crossed my mind but not sure about a few things. My family dr goes away and comes back and she is still in the service. She also thinks I should do it, but also says, she has mixed feelings about it.

My parents think I would be amazing as a life flight lead as well. However in Boise and I haven’t looked at the other hospitals. But, most are advanced paramedics or nurse practitioners or prior military medics. But it’s amazing to have on a resume so I have been chewing on it.

@Katrina71 some times the little ones are the ones that never hurt us. Life is precious no time for bad words or thoughts, only good words good thoughts good deeds. If I had to choose, I’d rather be poor. I have more respect for the lower and middle class people. (Not all wealthy do this) but I can’t stand the oh look at me look at me I’m a Kardashian (it’s sooooooooooooo lame their name shows up in my dictionary on my phone (oh so deleted). Some people who are super wealthy I have been fond of, but not many. Those who can are poor enjoy life more and the little things that matter. Not who plays more golf or, has the better car collection. But those who have true friends, and happiness, and items doesn’t make one happy, it only gives a false illusion to it.

@fish farmer that sounds amazing, I had almost three weeks off but didn’t really get to enjoy them. At least I’m not on the hit list to burn comp time now lol. But still have a ton of sick leave.

I miss being a little girl, where I had summers to look forward to and wondering what I was gonna do. It disturbs me greatly that as society we begin to train even our children how to do a work environment. But miss Saturday cartoons the most.

Military doctoring was an honor. All patients are and have been special to me but my time in the military treating my active duty brothers and sisters was an honor and a lesson I will never forget!!

It’s not the amount of money that makes people the way they are or dictates the appreciation for life’s moments good bad am ugly are all precious. When my youngest son (of six children) decided to join that Marines as an enlisted infantry type marine instead of going to college and joining through ROTC we got a lot of crooked eye looks. And once there when his bunk mates found out where he came from he got all kind of flack about how he would never make it bc he was born with the proverbial “silver spoon”. When I read that in one of his letters I was crushed. I wrote him immediately and told him that character and intestinal fortitude (having the balls) to maneuver and succeed in a dire circumstances comes from the values that were forged in the crucible of life not in the bank account of your parents. My road to “economic” success through my career was not handed to me as the so of a Pittsburgh steel worker. [emoji1320][emoji1320]

Point is ... people are people and the bank account doesn’t dictate who they really are at heart.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition, I learned life and doctor skills there that I should have been paying them for still to this day! I owe my success in part to our country, the and women who serve it and their supportive family friends and loved ones who sacrifice the one thing we would all consider irreplaceable...time with our loved ones!!
CPT USARMY MC

Back