OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24! - I am unsure if you are familiar with this form of therapy but it has proven to be very effective. Hope you enjoy! ;)

Lol omg that poor girl oh goodness (it was funny) but I’m like that girl only with none of those problems just different ones. Stop it doesn’t work, I say that to patients all the time who use drugs or self harming and I usually see them weekly . We need new words and therapy for today’s society.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol omg that poor girl oh goodness (it was funny) but I’m like that girl only with none of those problems just different ones. Stop it doesn’t work, I say that to patients all the time who use drugs or self harming and I usually see them weekly . We need new words and therapy for today’s society.

My suggestion to you about the above statements is to, are you ready, QUIT IT! :p

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24! - I am unsure if you are familiar with this form of therapy but it has proven to be very effective. Hope you enjoy! ;)

Sarah you should actually hear what crusso is telling you with much humor. Part of getting older is you go through various stages of self awareness. This self awareness is what allows us to survive to become tough old birds lol. There is a good book I read about the marriage relationship and it deals with the old self. The old self is the child you were and the experience of perhaps abandonment when your parents seemed to have left you at a store somewhere but all the time unbeknownst to you they were frantically searching the store for you. Your perception of that experiance becomes your reality and you carry that perception deep inside and it causes you to react without knowing the source of the pain. Enough said it is real and the book is called Getting The Love You Want. Excellent section on all the "stuff" we bring into our relationships.

You are ready now go forth and conquer! Have a great week back in charge of your future. Oh yeah....Stop It! LOL!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Oops I posted too soon. Anyway yes the video was really funny and some sound advice on some things lol. I’m excited to go back to work, and see some of my co workers and others lol. Today I had my water tested at a lfs and well my nitrates are high like 15, explains the cyano. But I had it tested at two lfs to confirm because with my own kit, I was 2-5ppm.

Also my tank must be growing like crazy because I normally dose 2mg of alk and calcium daily. Well even after dosing last night around 2300 hours, my cal was only 400 and alk was 6. But again I havnt missed a day at all so it’s odd to me. I mix it in rodi water and I use to pour it in the return chamber. Now I pour it into the middle section. I don’t think the filter pads will trap it since it’s dissolved as I pour it in.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So curious my thread as hit on topics of all levels and what not. But I’m curious (yes going off topic of my thread) lol, and I don’t know how to describe with out going in to full saga drama story. But with that said, has one ever seen a couple date and knew (one of them wasn’t faithful). Yet it disturb you so much, that it crossed your mind to say something because of what has been seen? Plus one of them is a family member or close friend.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So curious my thread as hit on topics of all levels and what not. But I’m curious (yes going off topic of my thread) lol, and I don’t know how to describe with out going in to full saga drama story. But with that said, has one ever seen a couple date and knew (one of them wasn’t faithful). Yet it disturb you so much, that it crossed your mind to say something because of what has been seen? Plus one of them is a family member or close friend.

Yes yes and ouch. One is a relative? How close are you. Rather than be a “tattletale” so to speak, it may help to speak to the one who is doing the cheating. Helps clear up any misunderstandings etc. in case what you think you see isn’t true. Maybe they are an open relationship lots of possibilities. Not envious for sure!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Is this a married couple, or are they just dating? I found myself in this same predicament and I chose to mind my own business. Well, when the wife found out what happened and that a number of friends knew what happened, she got very angry with all of us for not telling her. She felt betrayed by all involved and understandably so. Led to a very messy divorce, which is why no one wanted to say anything - except my girlfriend at the time. She is the one that broke the news to the wife. I am fortunate to have made amends with the girl and she is one of my dearest friends now.

Another acquaintance was caught cheating on his wife and he was ratted out by one of his wife's friends who saw him at another woman's apartment. His wife dumped him and took him to the cleaners in a divorce. That led to his suicide. You just never know what will happen when the truth is exposed. Maybe one of the reasons I have decided to become more of a hermit in my old age. Hate drama like this. I don't envy you having this to deal with.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes yes and ouch. One is a relative? How close are you. Rather than be a “tattletale” so to speak, it may help to speak to the one who is doing the cheating. Helps clear up any misunderstandings etc. in case what you think you see isn’t true. Maybe they are an open relationship lots of possibilities. Not envious for sure!

It was my older brother this time. He sent an old phone with one of his kids and they found it and gave it to me. So reading it, the girl he is dating posted new pics of her and her new fiancé on the beach. Yet she told my brother she was fighting with her mom. So this person has been with another guy for a year and during the same year been with my older brother (who is the nice one).

The girl though has been with my brother off and on for five years and this is I think the third time. So really want to say something but again last time I said something was very heart breaking for me. What’s worse is I work with the other guy she is dating at work. I didn’t make the connection till when I was with another co worker for lunch today then she pointed it out. Which I said she is dating my oldest brother she said she was going to say something because the other guy (my co worker and his mom are best friends). So not only am I going back to work, but I know and he doesn’t (my brother and I’m sure the other doesn’t either (guessing).

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was my older brother this time. He sent an old phone with one of his kids and they found it and gave it to me. So reading it, the girl he is dating posted new pics of her and her new fiancé on the beach. Yet she told my brother she was fighting with her mom. So this person has been with another guy for a year and during the same year been with my older brother (who is the nice one).

The girl though has been with my brother off and on for five years and this is I think the third time. So really want to say something but again last time I said something was very heart breaking for me. What’s worse is I work with the other guy she is dating at work. I didn’t make the connection till when I was with another co worker for lunch today then she pointed it out. Which I said she is dating my oldest brother she said she was going to say something because the other guy (my co worker and his mom are best friends). So not only am I going back to work, but I know and he doesn’t (my brother and I’m sure the other doesn’t either (guessing).

In your words. Urgh! I don’t envy you but it is your brother.

I do envy that you are able to get lunch with a coworker as an Intern PGY-1. Don’t think I ever got lunch during my year. Of course I probably walked up hill in bare feet in the snow to and from work ;)

Good luck at work today!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is round 3 for her cheating on you brother it's definitely time for her to go.

Had a friend who was hopelessly in love with a girl who used him like a tampon whenever she was bored or in between *other* boyfriends.

He came running every time.

4 times over 5 years before we said enough and good luck. Can't watch this any more.
(We hated her with a pretty strong passion)
Big surprise, it didn't work out that time either.

Hope your brother is not in that situation.

Last edited:

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is round 3 for her cheating on you brother it's definitely time for her to go.

Had a friend who was hopelessly in love with a girl who used him like a tampon whenever she was bored or in between *other* boyfriends.

He came running every time.

4 times over 5 years before we said enough and good luck. Can't watch this any more.
(We hated her with a pretty strong passion)
Big surprise, it didn't work out that time either.

Hope your brother is not in that situation.
I was "that guy" once. :eek:

Do whatever it takes to make him see the light. The only one that tried to stop me was my mother and we all know how well it works when parents voice their opinions. I finally got tired of it on my own but I could have saved a lot of time and stress.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I thank you all for the thoughts and not sure what I’ll do. But sure is awarkward working next to the guy, and then him showing me pics of his dinner dates. Went back to work last night (my normal shift ) and at least where I work was the same. But still couldn’t believe, i have worked next to this person for almost a year and not known. Make me wonder how I can explain that one.

The only person I have told actually is my dad who actually was shocked and absolutely thought I was nuts. Then I showed him the pics and everything else and he wanted to sleep on the info.

@Schnizzle i know it must have been hard, but I have no idea how one gets past that. Knowing what kind of heartbreak he is in for, makes it so much worse.’

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I thank you all for the thoughts and not sure what I’ll do. But sure is awarkward working next to the guy, and then him showing me pics of his dinner dates. Went back to work last night (my normal shift ) and at least where I work was the same. But still couldn’t believe, i have worked next to this person for almost a year and not known. Make me wonder how I can explain that one.

The only person I have told actually is my dad who actually was shocked and absolutely thought I was nuts. Then I showed him the pics and everything else and he wanted to sleep on the info.

@Schnizzle i know it must have been hard, but I have no idea how one gets past that. Knowing what kind of heartbreak he is in for, makes it so much worse.’
The hardest part will be if he tries to explain it away.

Wait a minute. The phone with the pictures was your brother's??

I'm sure I missed something.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here come the big ones - Relationships -
We all got 'em, we all want 'em. What do we do with'em?
Here we go I'll tell ya

She said you've got to do your fair share
Now cough up half the rent
I treat my body like a temple
You treat yours like a tent

But the right word at the right time
May get me a little hug
That's the difference between lightning
And a harmless lightning bug

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here come the big ones - Relationships -
We all got 'em, we all want 'em. What do we do with'em?
Here we go I'll tell ya

She said you've got to do your fair share
Now cough up half the rent
I treat my body like a temple
You treat yours like a tent

But the right word at the right time
May get me a little hug
That's the difference between lightning
And a harmless lightning bug
Buffett reference. :) I didn’t know you were a Parrot Head. Ha.

Back