Urgh seriously.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From some of the tanks I follow and from some of the information I glean it seams the corals and other filter feeders may be the reason for low nutrient water conditions on the natural reefs.
I don't think of reefs as being low nutrient. They have a nearly infinite supply of nutrients, just available at low levels at a time.
It's like a buffet where there is only enough food put out for 3 or 4 people but what is used is replaced before it runs out.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think of reefs as being low nutrient. They have a nearly infinite supply of nutrients, just available at low levels at a time.
It's like a buffet where there is only enough food put out for 3 or 4 people but what is used is replaced before it runs out.
Well said!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry havnt been on I had a major smart phone melt down. I had to have my phone reset and once that happened well lol they never said they would literally delete my phone. But the worst was and I still have no idea what JavaScript is. It kept asking me to enable this but no idea where to look or what it was. In addition I couldn’t search or anything and it kept my phone on private view only, (thanks to the Apple geniuses) ((never going back)) I lost all my pics, of my niece and nephews so going to try and see if i was smart enough to have my phone auto back up. But again kinda why, and anyone really good at iPhones lol well your my new best friend because I’m totally lost on these. Maybe the flip phone is better :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello,

This was well put and I agree with you. Also since your a computer genius, is there anyway I can make the response window larger, and not dark grey? It never use to be like this and FYI some genius at Apple completely erased my phone and all data on it. Took me almost a week to figure out how to enable JavaScript.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This was well put and I agree with you. Also since your a computer genius, is there anyway I can make the response window larger, and not dark grey? It never use to be like this and FYI some genius at Apple completely erased my phone and all data on it. Took me almost a week to figure out how to enable JavaScript.
If I understand correctly, turn your phone sideways. There will be a light bulb on the top right. Click that to set the website back to white mode.

P.S. hope you can get your pictures

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Oh goodness :) thank you it worked yay thank you so much @NY_Caveman. I was going crazy and couldn’t figure it out or why. Now if I can get the box (where like this message is written to be larger) things will be perfect lol. It’s sad in college I actually could operate a computer pretty good and now everything changes in two weeks. Makes it hard to keep up lol, but very thankful that I don’t feel I’m living in the dark underworld.

Sadly most of my contacts, pics music was lost and I never had something like iCloud turned on. Luckily half are still on my laptop, so maybe when I synced the phone it sent them there also. I always use to sync them but haven’t in almost a year.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Oh goodness :) thank you it worked yay thank you so much @NY_Caveman. I was going crazy and couldn’t figure it out or why. Now if I can get the box (where like this message is written to be larger) things will be perfect lol. It’s sad in college I actually could operate a computer pretty good and now everything changes in two weeks. Makes it hard to keep up lol, but very thankful that I don’t feel I’m living in the dark underworld.

Sadly most of my contacts, pics music was lost and I never had something like iCloud turned on. Luckily half are still on my laptop, so maybe when I synced the phone it sent them there also. I always use to sync them but haven’t in almost a year.
Glad you had some saved and happy to help.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah I had a few saved and some are still on my thread which is nice lol. But like ones with my nephews etc are gone (specially if I didn’t copy them and send to their parents). But as the Apple genius said (they are called that here literally), well on the bright side you have more memory now. I’d probably prefer having all my info back other than more memory. But it is what it is atm but wow smart phones do not work well with out whatever java script is. Just havnt had the desire to per say read about it yet. It’s teally sad that 2nd graders know smart devices better than adults. I never had anything like this when I was a kid and technically ahh I’m not very old. But everything was pc, or laptop. In which they were easier to use than smart phones.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah I had a few saved and some are still on my thread which is nice lol. But like ones with my nephews etc are gone (specially if I didn’t copy them and send to their parents). But as the Apple genius said (they are called that here literally), well on the bright side you have more memory now. I’d probably prefer having all my info back other than more memory. But it is what it is atm but wow smart phones do not work well with out whatever java script is. Just havnt had the desire to per say read about it yet. It’s teally sad that 2nd graders know smart devices better than adults. I never had anything like this when I was a kid and technically ahh I’m not very old. But everything was pc, or laptop. In which they were easier to use than smart phones.
I hardly use my phone for anything. Screen is too small and typing is too clumsy.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hardly use my phone for anything. Screen is too small and typing is too clumsy.

Hello;

Well lol your a very smart person because its
Being shown that small screens and print actually hinder the eyes. But after that problem with my laptop because it is at work, I made it where this isn’t on my laptop and 95% is work related now. But I was even reading on thread that you posted on about a tank controller. I’d be lost on one of those if something went wrong. I admit that I’m smart in most things technology isn’t one of them aka smart phones computers etc.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello;

Well lol your a very smart person because its
Being shown that small screens and print actually hinder the eyes. But after that problem with my laptop because it is at work, I made it where this isn’t on my laptop and 95% is work related now. But I was even reading on thread that you posted on about a tank controller. I’d be lost on one of those if something went wrong. I admit that I’m smart in most things technology isn’t one of them aka smart phones computers etc.
I'd stress without my controller. It makes reefing so much easier! I have no concerns at all leaving my system unattended for a long weekend away since I have it.
1564679241089.png

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry every time I try and post more or do more I end up with something that takes the time away. So putting off others to update and say I miss my friends.

My tank is balancing out as much as I tried to stop some of my acros from rtn, frag then glue onto a new plug didn’t really work as much as I had hoped it would have. Not to mention lol my new tank came in and I was not home twice when they tried to deliver it. In short they are not very happy with me. Trying to schedule a time from work and then for it to be delivered. Yesterday I was off work, but honestly with it being over a 100 three days in a row, I decided to be LAZY and stay cool. But you know it’s hot when even getting the mail seems like your being thrown into a pizza oven. This is the one time that I’m never ever hungry but because I drink a ton of water or milk. I have noticed that sugary drinks aka Gatorade etc just make it ten times worse.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Has anyone come home and found that the skimmer went crazy and you have that gosh awful smell that would make any dog run for cover. That was me today. No idea why, but with it 103 here not opening windows, and so I went into my handy cabinet for air freshned. Normally I buy something that smells good, well maybe I’m going blind because I was dumb enough to buy holiday candy cane air freshener. I’m not sure what’s worse the skimmer or that stuff ewwww. Making a warp speed drive to the store to buy anything to air my house out before I throw up.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So did take maintenance today and it was not too bad except I keep having nitrates spike. I admit I’m at a loss because I have expanded my cuc by three times, and now even though it’s still between 5-10 it’s normally lower and some corals just are not happy with me. Even though I’m testing fairly often, I’m at a loss.

Which to elaborate further, usually my hammer perks up and some of my other lps that likes dirtier water but not even they want to be happy. Still 90% or the coral and sps are doing good and no color changes etc but maybe my filter socks are adding to it. They were over do for cleaning so I pulled them out of the water.

Another item, of all the years I have owned my clown they use to be a pair now just him or her whatever they choose to be atm, but every time I have to go in front of the frogspawn not even super close he comes out and nips me. Tonight he nipped me four time on the hand. I’m about to serve him with chips. So I kinda flicked him back but has any one else had that issue?

All my other parameters were pretty much spot on and again phosphates were below .25 so I’m okay w that I guess. But it’s always ocean grown corals that give me problems. The tank grown ones even from lps to sps never give me problems but ocean grown ones always just go nuts if something is a tad off. Hmm

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love when I click on this thread and it opens on page one! I always get a chuckle.

Hello,

Ahhhhh well I’m glad it does then because making you smile and laugh, means my day has been perfect. I always want to excite readers and make them smile and laugh. Not only do I want to share my love of reefing, success with it, and major oops, but sometimes it’s nice to talk to all my friends and see how they are doing besides the reef. I have to admit I love learning but some times I have that odd sense that okay enough of reef stuff, what’s new in all my friends lives that they are willing to share and have a fun talk.

I’m absolutely in awe that I have had well success with my tank lol but that I was able to gain so many friends and readers. So if I’m ever boring lol by all means let me know :).

With me it seems that I have long strides of success with my reef then chaos for a few months and I lose some corals here and there. As sad as it is, and as many times as I have tried to solve why, lol most say it’s jusr the nature in the hobby. (Just cause they wanna be polite I wish they would tell me their secrets lol). Speaking of which how have things been going with yours :).

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Ahhhhh well I’m glad it does then because making you smile and laugh, means my day has been perfect. I always want to excite readers and make them smile and laugh. Not only do I want to share my love of reefing, success with it, and major oops, but sometimes it’s nice to talk to all my friends and see how they are doing besides the reef. I have to admit I love learning but some times I have that odd sense that okay enough of reef stuff, what’s new in all my friends lives that they are willing to share and have a fun talk.

I’m absolutely in awe that I have had well success with my tank lol but that I was able to gain so many friends and readers. So if I’m ever boring lol by all means let me know :).

With me it seems that I have long strides of success with my reef then chaos for a few months and I lose some corals here and there. As sad as it is, and as many times as I have tried to solve why, lol most say it’s jusr the nature in the hobby. (Just cause they wanna be polite I wish they would tell me their secrets lol). Speaking of which how have things been going with yours :).
Let’s see some pics of your tank! It’s been awhile!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another item, of all the years I have owned my clown they use to be a pair now just him or her whatever they choose to be atm, but every time I have to go in front of the frogspawn not even super close he comes out and nips me. Tonight he nipped me four time on the hand. I’m about to serve him with chips. So I kinda flicked him back but has any one else had that issue?

So he/she has found her home and they will defend it to the death. My clowns (Especially the female) would get super vicious whenever I was near there hammer. Get used to it, atleast yours isn't taking chunks out of your hand like mine did. ;Shifty

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Yes I will get pics probably tomorrow and update. There have been some changes so need to post those but again I’m to that stage of I love it and some things bug me about it. The hardest part is I don’t know what. I know some of the grean hair alage is bugging me and aptasia but they keep coming back. Coral wise I’m trying to get it to just go crazy in growth just for fun. I like the look of full grown pieces and what not. Again sorry for the delay but will promise update pics tomorrow. Mainly because my lights are off right now and well probably wouldn’t look good just making the sun rise instantly lol. Yes I won’t forget and how as your tank been doing. I have been reading yours here and there and trying to keep up @Hemmdog ?

@JoshH yeah and I had just fed them all also. He doesn’t take chunks out it doesn’t hurt. But It does annoy me and I kinda chase him deep into the frog spawn. He shouldn’t bite the hand that feeds him. But again I’m a good four inches away and not even going close to it. He always use to take food from me and now he bites me lol ingrate. Though he has picked on my other tangs and they just tail slap him across the tank. But no other issues with any other fish.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back