OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm... shoving rocks in your pocket or having rods and screws inserted into your legs does not count as weight gain. ;Bored
You need a good German or Italian grandmother to put some meat on those bones. That way the physical terrorists can make you work even harder to help your "healing" process. ;)

Hello,

Yeah I’m like 92 pounds well when I checked in but should be out tomorrow. The rods and screws sadly were not made out of lead. But titanium and so both legs maybe 5 pounds of it lol. Just think when ever i get to go fly on a plane as soon as I walk through the security gate, all the tsa agents will think they hit the jackpot. I can see 50 of them dog piling me and then say oh ops mama would you like your rods back. Any plans for the new year are you glad this one is over?

@vetteguy53081 I’m hoping to be out tomorrow, it was mainly cautionary because I had strain a or the flu and it’s common to have secondary bacterial pneumonia with it. I can’t say I enjoy the antiviral much lol, yes it helps prevent the spread but the side effects are horrible and makes me wonder if the virus will mutate and just resist it more. There have been warnings and for physicians to use only for high risk. I didn’t see myself as high risk but I also had a major injury so it makes some sense. I have missed you how have you been, how is New Years so far for you? Do you have any good plans?

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

You mean my 240 or if I’m gonna start my 425? I had to move and break my 240 down and it was not fun. Then set it back up and it finally stabilized. I have never had gha in my tank. Then it suddenly came up and it’s when I had super low magnesium. So I’m bumping the magnesium up to 1450 where I normally keep it. But since I can’t physically remove it myself, I have to come up with different methods. But the tank is doing fine except the gha part. It’s only on the right side which is a plus but don’t want it to spread either. So hoping the Kent tech m works.
Wow. Well I read where you had an accident and then couldn’t take care of your tank. Didn’t realize it was a 240. I think one post, you were torn on what to do. That’s where I left off.

so now it’a UG to a 425?!

nice!!!!!!!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Yeah I’m like 92 pounds well when I checked in but should be out tomorrow. The rods and screws sadly were not made out of lead. But titanium and so both legs maybe 5 pounds of it lol. Just think when ever i get to go fly on a plane as soon as I walk through the security gate, all the tsa agents will think they hit the jackpot. I can see 50 of them dog piling me and then say oh ops mama would you like your rods back. Any plans for the new year are you glad this one is over?

@vetteguy53081 I’m hoping to be out tomorrow, it was mainly cautionary because I had strain a or the flu and it’s common to have secondary bacterial pneumonia with it. I can’t say I enjoy the antiviral much lol, yes it helps prevent the spread but the side effects are horrible and makes me wonder if the virus will mutate and just resist it more. There have been warnings and for physicians to use only for high risk. I didn’t see myself as high risk but I also had a major injury so it makes some sense. I have missed you how have you been, how is New Years so far for you? Do you have any good plans?
No plans. Daughter is in California for winter break and having a blast. We spoke at work of getting together but that never got further. catching up with filing before tax season kicks off and taking one step back as im always on the go.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Well I read where you had an accident and then couldn’t take care of your tank. Didn’t realize it was a 240. I think one post, you were torn on what to do. That’s where I left off.

so now it’a UG to a 425?!

nice!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

Oh do I wish I had my 425 up and running. Since I’m gonna well have to move again, I held off setting it up. Not to mention the floor plan is not ideal in this home. I’m probably gonna have my home built so I can make the design work and oh make sure there is a bathroom down stairs (well do to the circumstances, no stairs either lol). But I loved how my 240 looked before I moved and it was amazing. The rock scape to me was perfect and the tank did Very well. After my move, I lost maybe 25% of my corals. My 2 large tangs. One that was 5 years old. My maximus clam and they died because the move of the tank was too much.
At first I really hated my rock scape and tried to hard to make it like before and that was a fail. The scape I have now I still didn’t like 2 days after the move. But I didn’t have time to be picky, I was losing corals fast. Now here I can look back and this one has grown on me in ways I didn’t see. It has also been just different meaning, my old rock work everything just thrived, and the wave makers didn’t move etc. this time though the left side and middle are doing great. The right side I have no idea why and it drives me bonkers. It’s almost identical to the old scape. Now with my injury most of my life has been put on hold. The tank has definitely helped me in the way that it was technically destroyed but it survived and healed and it is what it is now. It made it through pretty much total destruction. My accident is similar and things are different and will be, but with time hopefully things will just come together. Yes i still hate my clown fish and I still have no idea how to tackle the gha If raising Mag doesn’t help.

@vetteguy53081 thats awesome she deserves some fun and a break. I was kinda sad about Xmas and now New Years but in honesty it was just simple and peaceful. Your plan of taking one step back actually is a great idea which also will help many others if they do the same. Maybe after I do this as well I will find me.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24! Wow I don’t know how I missed this thread. Started at the beginning, jumped to the end then had to go back a few pages to see what happened. Glad to see that you’re doing well and recovered! Happy New Year’s! 2019 has definitely prepared you for whatever 2020 is going to throw at you

Last edited:

Brandonphem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,

So far the X-rays are showing good and hoping tomorrow or Thursday. Bluntly honest I felt good till I had to take the antiviral. The prednisone definitely helped my breathing and energy, but hey I gained weight (well thanks to) those handy dandy rods and screws.

Hello,

welcome and lol yes this by far is definitely not the worst thing. In hindsight of this lovely fun toilet they had in mind, it didn’t even phase my tank. I didn’t (don’t remember may have to look), run any carbon or anything. Think I did a water change and that’s about it oh and put up a huge banner that said this is not a toilet. But I did spend some time ahhh trying to figure out why some one would design a home with no bathrooms on the lower floor. This didn’t dawn on me when ahh I bought it. I have since moved (just in sept); and had to take my tank down and back up when I moved. This was not fun and not recommended. But it has survived being a toilet. Ups and downs, a move and hopefully gha. By the way some of my posts are like never ever ending (meaning long). How do you like R2R and how is your tank?
It’s very good thank you for asking I really enjoy these forms especially in a pinch information I never knew I’d need Ive had to ask here.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very good thank you for asking I really enjoy these forms especially in a pinch information I never knew I’d need Ive had to ask here.

Hello,

The vast amount of knowledge one can obtain from the forum is staggering. Even if one has a degree in marine biology and biology, there are things they don’t see or know. Experience has so far proven to be the best and others documenting their progress.

@Katrina71 Ahhh thank you kindly. How was your holiday as well, do anything fun?

@Lowell Lemon I am definitely taking you up on that one. I have 364 days to go to be inured free lol. How was this new year and I hope it was well.

@jlts21 ahh thank you and it’s a long thread and I find myself going back and going oh yeah. It’s nice to see the changes from 2017 to know. Gosh can’t believe it’s been almost 3 years and where has the time gone. Glad I have most of it documented on here lol. Wouldn’t it be fascinating if 200 years later reefers could refer back to our posts. Be curious to see where tanks would be by then.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jlts21 ahh thank you and it’s a long thread and I find myself going back and going oh yeah. It’s nice to see the changes from 2017 to know. Gosh can’t believe it’s been almost 3 years and where has the time gone. Glad I have most of it documented on here lol. Wouldn’t it be fascinating if 200 years later reefers could refer back to our posts. Be curious to see where tanks would be by then.
Oh definitely! And it sure is a long thread! I saw it and went to the first post and thought, “200+ pages about kids peeing in a tank?! That’s a lot of people that this has happened to lol” Then read about the accident and it doesn’t surprise me that this page is at 200+ pages. This community is awesome! Always there to support someone that we (for the most part) have never even met

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh definitely! And it sure is a long thread! I saw it and went to the first post and thought, “200+ pages about kids peeing in a tank?! That’s a lot of people that this has happened to lol” Then read about the accident and it doesn’t surprise me that this page is at 200+ pages. This community is awesome! Always there to support someone that we (for the most part) have never even met

Hello.

Yes the community is amazing and extremely supportive and they are like a second family. My lol thread is how my nephews aka used it as toilet (curse them lol), but it’s also my build thread, and the thread where When one is tired of talking reef they can talk life or vent who knows. But I’m glad it goes off topic because it’s just more fun and social. It does have some pretty good topics (lot on our hobby), but other fun things from Xmas movies to cartoons, to me having my jeep cut into two pieces. But I always welcome any topic and I always try to include updates on my tank as well. So hoping the best of both worlds. I would post new pics but kinda stuck in quarantine till tomorrow. See how fun is that, now I get to experience first hand how our fish feel when we stick them in a medicated hospital lol. instead of copper I get radiation and we both get antiviral meds and antibiotics.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year!

Hello there,

Happy new year to you as well, did you have fun? How are your tanks coming along, life etc. it’s good to see you again and I apologize I’ve been terrible keeping up on some threads (yet alone mine). It’s been an exhausting two months and I hate that feeling when you go to read and your eyes cross. Yeah lol makes it hard to follow, in most cases it means I need sleep.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well if your taking the antiviral medication lol it’s with good certainty (well me), will absolutely, with projectile force vomit uncontrollably. The trash can has been my new best friend and so had colegate tooth paste and floss. Finally after a few attempts I was able to keep my anti nausea medication down. So my trusty trash can feels a little lonely. :)

Zofran ODT. Awesome stuff.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

Happy new year to you as well, did you have fun? How are your tanks coming along, life etc. it’s good to see you again and I apologize I’ve been terrible keeping up on some threads (yet alone mine). It’s been an exhausting two months and I hate that feeling when you go to read and your eyes cross. Yeah lol makes it hard to follow, in most cases it means I need sleep.
Hey! We saw the new Star Wars then watched the ball drop on Tv at home. Not too exciting haha. But it was nice just me and the wife. My tanks are good, life is good too :) I hope you get to feeling better soon!

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would post new pics but kinda stuck in quarantine till tomorrow. See how fun is that, now I get to experience first hand how our fish feel when we stick them in a medicated hospital lol. instead of copper I get radiation and we both get antiviral meds and antibiotics.
Yeah that would not be any fun. Hoping for a fast recovery so you can enjoy the new year!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! We saw the new Star Wars then watched the ball drop on Tv at home. Not too exciting haha. But it was nice just me and the wife. My tanks are good, life is good too :) I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Hello,

Some friends of mine want me to go see it and I have had others tell me to wait for video. I can’t say the last set was great but I managed (Haven’t seen the last one), but loved the original and the other ones are good. I have enjoyed solo and rogue one. The night sounds fun I’m glad you were able to enjoy it. Any new plans for your tanks in 2020?

@jlts21 it’s not super bad lol it’s room service with a catch. I’m getting there slowly. My legs are still weak and not super stable yet. Still hurts pretty bad, and my left arm is getting better (the control is coming back).

Zofran ODT. Awesome stuff.

lol do you mean use zofran to keep my eyes from crossing when I read and tired lol? It’s used like phennigan it’s anti nausea and definitely puts one to sleep. But if you mean to not launch icbms out of our mouth then yes it’s a fanatic medication.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Some friends of mine want me to go see it and I have had others tell me to wait for video. I can’t say the last set was great but I managed (Haven’t seen the last one), but loved the original and the other ones are good. I have enjoyed solo and rogue one. The night sounds fun I’m glad you were able to enjoy it. Any new plans for your tanks in 2020?

@jlts21 it’s not super bad lol it’s room service with a catch. I’m getting there slowly. My legs are still weak and not super stable yet. Still hurts pretty bad, and my left arm is getting better (the control is coming back).

lol do you mean use zofran to keep my eyes from crossing when I read and tired lol? It’s used like phennigan it’s anti nausea and definitely puts one to sleep. But if you mean to not launch icbms out of our mouth then yes it’s a fanatic medication.

You said you were finally able to keep down your anti-emetic. I was suggesting using sublingual Zofran. You need your sleep to heal.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you were finally able to keep down your anti-emetic. I was suggesting using sublingual Zofran. You need your sleep to heal.

Oh yes lol not sure how i didn’t make that connection. They put me on phennigan same thing pretty much but was glad because it’s hard when you can’t keep meds down. Sometimes it’s hard to sleep which is a normal side effect of the prednisone.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back