Urgh seriously.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes but you need a think yellow suit with a nuclear waste symbol and really thick gloves lol.
Yeah, we only use CAPR with airborne disease, not droplet such as the flu. Speaking of contact droplet precautions. When I was hospitalized for complications after my surgery one of my nurses was so ill-informed about flu she put me in flu precautions for vomiting. I wanted to smack her.
p.s. I only posted that pic of me bc is is so attractive...lol

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we only use CAPR with airborne disease, not droplet such as the flu. Speaking of contact droplet precautions. When I was hospitalized for complications after my surgery one of my nurses was so ill-informed about flu she put me in flu precautions for vomiting. I wanted to smack her.
p.s. I only posted that pic of me bc is is so attractive...lol
You should see the precautions I would take if I thought you were going to vomit on me! ;Wideyed

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should see the precautions I would take if I thought you were going to vomit on me! ;Wideyed

Hello,

Well if your taking the antiviral medication lol it’s with good certainty (well me), will absolutely, with projectile force vomit uncontrollably. The trash can has been my new best friend and so had colegate tooth paste and floss. Finally after a few attempts I was able to keep my anti nausea medication down. So my trusty trash can feels a little lonely. :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if your taking the antiviral medication lol it’s with good certainty (well me), will absolutely, with projectile force vomit uncontrollably.
Umm... what kind of range are we talking about? I am safe here in Alabama, right? ;Nailbiting

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24! Sorry I missed your comments. Think you we did have a great Christmas. It was different this year. As the kids get older Christmas changes. It's still good

Christmas chronicles was a movie my 12yr wanted to watch and it was a great movie. It made the list to watch next year. Hope you are released before the new year.
It's great hearing Christmas was good.
I'm sorry to hear your back in the hospital.

Last edited:

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vomiting is terrible. I thought I fought off a respirator infection 3 wks ago but started running a fever so high xmas eve I swear I was visited by scrooge's 3 ghosts.

Im on antibiotics with a size ranging of 1-850mg and with a side effect of "upset" stomach. Good news im not hallucinating and can breathe. Bad news im wearing depends

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vomiting is terrible. I thought I fought off a respirator infection 3 wks ago but started running a fever so high xmas eve I swear I was visited by scrooge's 3 ghosts.

Im on antibiotics with a size ranging of 1-850mg and with a side effect of "upset" stomach. Good news im not hallucinating and can breathe. Bad news im wearing depends
At least you have a sense of humor about it! That's good!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm... what kind of range are we talking about? I am safe here in Alabama, right? ;Nailbiting

Lol nope I already sent an icbm past Alabama and hit Florida, let me update my coordinates, oh umm where you at again lol? Exact coordinates are needed :), I don’t like to miss.

@Katrina71 hey it’s good to see you as well and hoping today or tomorrow. I don’t blame them honestly with how badly boise has been hit. But I won’t lie love working there not fond of not being able to leave there.

@sfin52 it has switched for me, the older I get the more I enjoy giving to others. This year I pretty much gave my parents my debit card and said take care of it for me. Of course it’s always a little weird when others say thank you for the lovely gift and they show me. Then i cringe and think gosh mum and dad, don’t you know me better I’d never buy that, take it back and get a better one lol.

@S2G sorry to hear the same for you and it’s not fun by any means. Did they give you phennigan to help with your nausea? It helps a lot, makes you sleep even more, but once you can keep it down your all set. I’m pretty sure the dosed you on prednisone to help with breathing, and number of antibiotics but probably amoxicillin.
Umm I have a small problem, but the (depends) won’t fit me, but I’m sure I can find a box of huggies around. Not sure if I want my little pony or power rangers but I think they have Barbie and avengers now. Gosh so many options, any suggestions just in case? :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm I have a small problem, but the (depends) won’t fit me, but I’m sure I can find a box of huggies around. Not sure if I want my little pony or power rangers but I think they have Barbie and avengers now. Gosh so many options, any suggestions just in case? :)
I haven't been diaper shopping recently, but I'd imagine Baby Yoda prints will be hitting the market any day now, if they aren't out already. ;)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sfin52 it has switched for me, the older I get the more I enjoy giving to others. This year I pretty much gave my parents my debit card and said take care of it for me. Of course it’s always a little weird when others say thank you for the lovely gift and they show me. Then i cringe and think gosh mum and dad, don’t you know me better I’d never buy that, take it back and get a better one lol.
I hear you. I find I put a lot more thought into the gifts as well. That's fun.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been diaper shopping recently, but I'd imagine Baby Yoda prints will be hitting the market any day now, if they aren't out already. ;)

Hello,

Naw I see you more of like gi joe or transformers print with spider man rubber sheets lol. Baby Yoda ahhh maybe not I don’t want to be forced to go to the bathroom. (In Yodas best voice ahh pee you will young padawan).

@sfin52 yeah it’s such a thrill to see the expression and love they have for it,

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So whatever happened to your tank? Sorry I don't feel like looking back a ton of pages.

Hello,

You mean my 240 or if I’m gonna start my 425? I had to move and break my 240 down and it was not fun. Then set it back up and it finally stabilized. I have never had gha in my tank. Then it suddenly came up and it’s when I had super low magnesium. So I’m bumping the magnesium up to 1450 where I normally keep it. But since I can’t physically remove it myself, I have to come up with different methods. But the tank is doing fine except the gha part. It’s only on the right side which is a plus but don’t want it to spread either. So hoping the Kent tech m works.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah,

Well, sorry to see you back in the hospital. I hope you get to feeling well enough to get back home soon. As I had mentioned to you earlier, I was on prednisone for quite some time when I was young, due to kidney disease. I had the little round face and was super hyper all the time. Maybe that is what is wrong with my brain though. ;)

I hope you have a Happy New Year. 2019 has really sucked for you, that's for sure. But, you are still here and that is a very fgood thing. It has to get better from here. I will drink a margarita for you this evening, since you don't drink. :) Get well soon!

Brandonphem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First, please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section, but I have never had this happen before and I am panicking.

So I have a 240 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump tank. To be nice I let my brother and his children stay in my home for this week. (Long story) I just came home and found out that my nephews have been urinating in my sump tank. I don’t know how long they have been doing it, how often. I came home and caught my 5 year old nephew red handed.

I immediately shut down my return pumps, and shut the union valves underneath off and shut all flow from the tank to the sump off completely. I have no idea how much has already been sent into my main display tank, and how long. I’m doing a water test now to see where my parameters are now. I also have enough salt water stores to do 80 gallon water change.

The only thing I have added was I turned on my magnum 350 canister filter which there are two of them. One is a purification filter (it’s white) and the second is a straight carbon only. Any thing else I should be doing, I’m worried about my fish and corals.

Thanks
Actually this isn’t the worst thing to happen I’d say just run carbon water change check primates add prime and you should be fine

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah,

Well, sorry to see you back in the hospital. I hope you get to feeling well enough to get back home soon. As I had mentioned to you earlier, I was on prednisone for quite some time when I was young, due to kidney disease. I had the little round face and was super hyper all the time. Maybe that is what is wrong with my brain though. ;)

I hope you have a Happy New Year. 2019 has really sucked for you, that's for sure. But, you are still here and that is a very fgood thing. It has to get better from here. I will drink a margarita for you this evening, since you don't drink. :) Get well soon!

hello,

So far the X-rays are showing good and hoping tomorrow or Thursday. Bluntly honest I felt good till I had to take the antiviral. The prednisone definitely helped my breathing and energy, but hey I gained weight (well thanks to) those handy dandy rods and screws.

Actually this isn’t the worst thing to happen I’d say just run carbon water change check primates add prime and you should be fine

Hello,

welcome and lol yes this by far is definitely not the worst thing. In hindsight of this lovely fun toilet they had in mind, it didn’t even phase my tank. I didn’t (don’t remember may have to look), run any carbon or anything. Think I did a water change and that’s about it oh and put up a huge banner that said this is not a toilet. But I did spend some time ahhh trying to figure out why some one would design a home with no bathrooms on the lower floor. This didn’t dawn on me when ahh I bought it. I have since moved (just in sept); and had to take my tank down and back up when I moved. This was not fun and not recommended. But it has survived being a toilet. Ups and downs, a move and hopefully gha. By the way some of my posts are like never ever ending (meaning long). How do you like R2R and how is your tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello,

So small set back, I had to go back to the hospital do to me getting influenza strain A and having bacterial pneumonia. I honestly can’t say I’m happy to be back, and wow the antiviral meds are way way worse lol than what they claim. Hopefully I will be out in a day or two it all about the x rays, maybe if they leave the Lead protector off they can just zap it with radiation lol. Oh how I love prednisone (NOT,),
1577848436049.png
That sucks !! Hopefully youre back home REAL Soon. Not the way to end 2019 but again a better 2020 ahead !!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the X-rays are showing good and hoping tomorrow or Thursday. Bluntly honest I felt good till I had to take the antiviral. The prednisone definitely helped my breathing and energy, but hey I gained weight (well thanks to) those handy dandy rods and screws.
Umm... shoving rocks in your pocket or having rods and screws inserted into your legs does not count as weight gain. ;Bored
You need a good German or Italian grandmother to put some meat on those bones. That way the physical terrorists can make you work even harder to help your "healing" process. ;)

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back