Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Don’t get me wrong I love my brother and nephews dearly, but sometimes their dad drives me crazy. I’m just getting tired of doing all their dishes and laundry and whatnot. Most of the time my work shifts are 24 hours, so when I get home I’m exhausted. (I just want to sleep, which I do if I am caught up with school work). But he always asked me to help with his kids, or make them food or help with their laundry etc. As I am one who tries to help, it annoys me that after working a 24hr shift, I have to come home and make food for my brother and his children, clean etc. and he doesn’t work at all, or has any responsibilities. I’m not sure why nothing is ever done, when I ask he says please don’t be mom. Lol well what else am I suppose to do? (I just realized how poorly written my last paragraph is, I’m just too brain fried and tired to edit, please forgive me).

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time he says don’t be my mom, then tell him to stop treating you like his mom. You love him, sure, but either you are his mom as you are now (he does nothing, you do everything), or you are his landlord, maid and babysitter and get some form of compensation be it money or just reasonable effort. No one more than he is making you the mom.

Sorry, I just hate seeing good people taken advantage of. Especially by family.

CaptianPaulie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an [emoji362]!!! Get one of those mini toilets that children use to learn how to potty train!! Lololol or you can move your fish tank upstairs lol although i think it would be much easier to get them a mini toilet or one of those ones elderly people have hahahahahaha.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol

Even easier they can realize there are two bathrooms upstairs or three if you consider the one in my bedroom. In short when I’m not home, there is at least one toilet per person, and they all flush. They just have to walk up a flight of stairs, that’s it a simple flight of stairs lol.

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnetic baby lock. I did it to my cabinet. I promise it won't happen anymore. And tell the parents to pay for the chemicals. They are point of sale...

CaptianPaulie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol

Even easier they can realize there are two bathrooms upstairs or three if you consider the one in my bedroom. In short when I’m not home, there is at least one toilet per person, and they all flush. They just have to walk up a flight of stairs, that’s it a simple flight of stairs lol.
Ok heres another idea install one of those electronic chairs that elderly people use to go up and down my daughter loves going up and down on those so maybe that will work [emoji23][emoji12]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kiddos didn’t open the front of my stand, lol they went behind the tank where it is open, and they are hidden. I have since moved shelves on either side to make it harder for them.

tangtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnetic baby lock. I did it to my cabinet. I promise it won't happen anymore. And tell the parents to pay for the chemicals. They are point of sale...

Pretty sure her family isn’t a point of sale!! Pretty rude on your part man.

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's on the inside only
1523045583575.jpg
1523045608193.jpg

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kiddos didn’t open the front of my stand, lol they went behind the tank where it is open, and they are hidden. I have since moved shelves on either side to make it harder for them.
I have a plexiglass back. I have a toddler whose very sneaky. Might wanna look into the plexiglass back it's screwed into the stand

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

When my tank was setup I didn’t have children, I still don’t have children of my own. I let my brother stay in my home because I couldn’t bare the thought of his children being homeless. It would have been nice if he watched them a little closer. I’d rather not modify my tank, specially when they are only there a few months. Plus trying to modify it now wouldn’t be super easy. I have since put large shelves in those access areas.

The magnetic locks won’t work because they go behind the tank, where it’s wide open. There are no doors for me to lock.

Last edited:

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to suggest the magnetic baby lock but mandi already did so.:)
I would not panic a few waterchanges will bring the ammonia back to undetectable and some ammonia is not going to crash the tank.
Urine is good ammonia now you add some windex thats some bad ammonia. Good luck

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your salinity? Lots of sodium in urine... There is indeed ammonia in urine as well.
Also magnesium and calcium, so maybe some good came of this lol.

Urine is 95% water though so there would have to be excessive amounts to cause any serious swings.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so glad your tank is ok. That being said this form was hilarious. I have a 3 year old son, and can totally see him doing something like this. I also understand about family you love and adore but drive you crazy, I have a sister who is very much the same as your brother. Wish you all the best in the future, and good luck in school.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should inform your brother that their are a lot of toxins in a reef tank that could easily kill an adult let alone a child. He kids should not be allowed it the room with the tank without strict supervision.
I would say they should not be allowed in that room at all when you are not in it, since he is so lazy.
An additional fear would be what else has ended up in the sump already or in the future. There so many thing that could cause havoc with your tank. Ban the kids for their safety and your tanks!

Ron Jenks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look on the bright side...my son who is 22 now, when he was 7 he thought someone was in the bathroom so he pooped in the vertical tube of our cats scratching post!!! To this day I have no idea why he didn't just poop in the litter box that was 3 feet away...but every single girlfriend he has ever had has been treated to that story, two of them even had cats LOL...

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well yesterday my brother broke the camels back with me and, I had no choice but to make him leave. I did say that his children could stay, however if I’m not home, then a babysitter needs to be hired. (Which he needs to pay). The children can sleep here every night and can stay all day when I’m home.

Kicking my brother out was very emotional and hard for me, I lost a lot of tears. Even though my parents and the rest of my family agreed with me, it still broke my heart. (My brother decided (as broke as he is) asked me to borrow 200 dollars. Me as nice and naive, said okay but what is it for? He told me it was to buy his kiddos some needed clothes. As I finished my final exam early (yay that lets me graduate lol thank goodness I’m done) I came home early. When I came home his children were all downstairs alone. Which made me wonder where is there daddy. Well he was upstairs in my bed room, in my bed might I add (yes I threw up twice) with some girl that he paid to come over.

I was beyond upset, in which I told some random girl to leave or I was calling the police. In which my brother tried to explain his stupidity to me. I simply said I’m taking the children shopping for clothes. Please throw away my bed sheets, comforter, and mattress cover. Please throw all of my pillows away. Then please pack your belongings and leave, before I am home. He tried to plead he had no place to go, and no money. I simply and politely said you had 200, and wasted it on some random ugly girl. He asked me if I was taking his kids, and I said yes. They deserve new shoes and clothes. I then said I will drop them off either at our parents house or they can stay with me.

The worst part is, now I’m discussing with my family harsher options to protect his kids. Never have I lost so many tears as I have today. The good thing is, his children and I had icecream, they each picked out a few toys, and they each have new shoes. I also pretty much bought them all new clothes. Which we kinda had fun throwing away the old ones. It’s not that I’m mad (well I was when I found two people in my bed). But, I’m over that, but never been so disappointed in my older brother as I am now. He has had a rough harsh life, but today was no excuse. Sorry to vent I don’t have many friends, most are work friends and don’t like getting into personal matters. But sorry for the vent, it was killing me inside and still is.
I hate decisions that could hinder my character, and or everything I have accomplished. Having to report my brother is and has been the worst experience ever. Urgh

tgp4274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:,,,,,,,((
so sorry to hear sarah
there are no words to help but good luck and i hope it all works out for you and your bro..
oooooooo

Jeff_Toronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:,,,,,,,((
so sorry to hear sarah
there are no words to help but good luck and i hope it all works out for you and your bro..
oooooooo
I have a portable electric fence camping which protects against bears. It's portable and sets up in 5 minutes. I can loan it to you. No tank modifications required just fence it off. Would surely stop the kids from going behind the tank. At least once. It also serves as a great babysitter child compound.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back