Urgh seriously.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been there, done that with a mom, a brother and a husband (not the current one, Hubs would like me to point out).

You are an amazing person for taking on the responsibility of your niece and nephew. I know how incredibly painful it was, and is, to kick him out (boy do I know) but you're doing the right thing. For him, for the kids, and right now for you (because if you didn't take care of those kids you wouldn't sleep at night I bet). Hang in there.

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too funny! My kids were throwing matchbox cars into my tank (rust = bad) one I found months later behind the rocks. I've caught them drinking from the tank more times than I can count

Caswal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've caught them drinking from the tank more times than I can count

Fresh or salt? I can't imagine attempting to drink from a salt water tank a second time.

@Sarah24! Maybe a change of career is in order, become a writer for family drama tv shows.

Jokes aside, you are an exemplary person. Your nieces and nephews are lucky to have you.

Shad Quill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 children and my grandson in my house... my tank is in the living room where there is a constant flow of little people. It's funny to see them trip over their own feet trying to get awaywhen they realize they are too close to the tank. From day one it was known the tank is dads/Grampys and there will be hell to pay for so much as a nick in the stand or finger print on the glass.

You're brother could have used a swift and stern judo chip to the throat.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry about your brother, good choice kicking him out. I agree with the others don't post the bail. My kids are about the same age as your brothers kids, and I try to get them to help me as much as I can, and it has given them a since of pride and ownership in the tank. In addition they don't touch it unless I have asked for their help.

Also how is the tank doing? From the little that is visible on your last picture, it looks like you have a nice tank. Have you considered doing a build thread?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So to update the tank, it’s doing really good I haven’t had any signs of it being angry still. I have been testing my water about every other day and this week is my week for a water change anyway.

I choose wisely lol not to help their mother do to the fact, that this is the third time for the same offense. Plus I would rather spend my money on my niece and nephews, or st least my kiddos (meaning my tank). My niece does like to help with the tank, and she enjoys watching it with me as well. My nephews lol they would rather play Lego’s and super hero’s and what not. They keep asking me to be a super hero with them, yet when I ask who they want me to be, it’s always dog wonder. (Who the heck is dog wonder, is that even a super hero)? I asked them if they mean scooby doo, Nope dog wonder!

Fresh or salt? I can't imagine attempting to drink from a salt water tank a second time.

@Sarah24! Maybe a change of career is in order, become a writer for family drama tv shows.

Jokes aside, you are an exemplary person. Your nieces and nephews are lucky to have you.

Thank you for the amazing compliment, and with how my life is, plus working in the ER, hmmm a blog idea wouldn’t be super terrible idea. Heavens knows between my brother and my tank, his children, and the ER, I could write forever.
I will say, it’s really bad when an 85 year old man asks me to marry him, as I staple the top of his head closed. It was kinda funny until I realized his wife who is even older was in the room also. Not only did security have to prevent her from hitting him with her cane, but she was trying to hit me. Gosh all I did was stop the bleeding that’s it. Now my co workers as much as we all love each other, keep asking me when our wedding is.

In regards to a build thread I have considered it, lol I still have tons of requests to do a writing on my coral grave yard that I tuned into a mini Egypt. If it would ever stop raining and or snowing (I mean seriously it’s April, go away snow) I could find all my Lincoln logs and awesome heads stones that floated half way down my back yard. But yes I will try and do a build thread of my tank. I’m still trying to find the pictures of me taking a nap in it, while it was dry. It wasn’t super comfty,but adding a favorite purple pillow and a few finding Nemo blankets, and I felt right at home.

I have not taken any super super recent pics, but here are some that I have taken about the time of me catching my nephews peeing in my sump tank. For those wondering, yes I’m still having those stickers made. I’m just searching for this thing called time, I never seem to have enough.

Sarah

D62A1F10-D565-4200-B2A0-12519D0B7306.jpeg

59C22E91-5662-4336-AE8E-30DDEDE4FF45.jpeg

E877FE00-5B2F-4908-9BC7-2CD30D4050F8.jpeg

3D247350-0070-4B9E-ACB2-B4655ED21DA7.jpeg

6EE1F96B-4F65-46D7-A0E4-1123B8480407.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So to update the tank, it’s doing really good I haven’t had any signs of it being angry still. I have been testing my water about every other day and this week is my week for a water change anyway.

I choose wisely lol not to help their mother do to the fact, that this is the third time for the same offense. Plus I would rather spend my money on my niece and nephews, or st least my kiddos (meaning my tank). My niece does like to help with the tank, and she enjoys watching it with me as well. My nephews lol they would rather play Lego’s and super hero’s and what not. They keep asking me to be a super hero with them, yet when I ask who they want me to be, it’s always dog wonder. (Who the heck is dog wonder, is that even a super hero)? I asked them if they mean scooby doo, Nope dog wonder!

Thank you for the amazing compliment, and with how my life is, plus working in the ER, hmmm a blog idea wouldn’t be super terrible idea. Heavens knows between my brother and my tank, his children, and the ER, I could write forever.
I will say, it’s really bad when an 85 year old man asks me to marry him, as I staple the top of his head closed. It was kinda funny until I realized his wife who is even older was in the room also. Not only did security have to prevent her from hitting him with her cane, but she was trying to hit me. Gosh all I did was stop the bleeding that’s it. Now my co workers as much as we all love each other, keep asking me when our wedding is.

In regards to a build thread I have considered it, lol I still have tons of requests to do a writing on my coral grave yard that I tuned into a mini Egypt. If it would ever stop raining and or snowing (I mean seriously it’s April, go away snow) I could find all my Lincoln logs and awesome heads stones that floated half way down my back yard. But yes I will try and do a build thread of my tank. I’m still trying to find the pictures of me taking a nap in it, while it was dry. It wasn’t super comfty,but adding a favorite purple pillow and a few finding Nemo blankets, and I felt right at home.

I have not taken any super super recent pics, but here are some that I have taken about the time of me catching my nephews peeing in my sump tank. For those wondering, yes I’m still having those stickers made. I’m just searching for this thing called time, I never seem to have enough.

Sarah

Looks fantastic!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sarah

It is very nice. Now I want to pee in it. :)

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do have an amazing tank. I would love to hear more about it, and the story behind setting it up. Especially, since you did it while in school. That is something I find amazing, it's no wonder you don't have any time. When I was working and going to school, I couldn't imagine setting a reef tank at the same time.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very nice. Now I want to pee in it. :)

Hello there,

Nope, no way, not again. Lol. This is why I’m still having stickers put on the stand in front and back that read:

This is not a toilet, please use the two bathrooms upstairs when you have the sudden urge.

Plus I’m going to either draw or find something that’s a picture as well, just in case it’s a young child again and they can’t read. It was stressful enough the first time it happened, I don’t know if I’d laugh or hire someone to go pee on that persons mail box or something.

Ironically, the whole starting point for me getting into saltwater tanks, was from my biology teacher. She set up a tank in our classroom, so we could study marine biology and other ecosystems. Out of like 30 students I was always picked to care and monitor the tank. I was the nerd of the class, so I didn’t mind. But, glad they did because that’s what sparked me to study my undergraduate courses.

Today, I was asked by a mechanic why doctors get paid so much more then mechanics do. The individual said we both do surgery, and fix things, etc. My response was, “Well, Sir can you change an alternator, or belt while the car is running? His response was “well no, you have to kill the car in order to!” I then said well Sir, “I can’t kill my patient in order to do surgery, or heart surgery can I?”
He just looked at me and said I guess that’s a fair point. But, I do really appreciate all that they do as well.

Caswal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, I was asked by a mechanic why doctors get paid so much more then mechanics do. The individual said we both do surgery, and fix things, etc. My response was, “Well, Sir can you change an alternator, or belt while the car is running? His response was “well no, you have to kill the car in order to!” I then said well Sir, “I can’t kill my patient in order to do surgery, or heart surgery can I?”
He just looked at me and said I guess that’s a fair point. But, I do really appreciate all that they do as well.

Well cars are just giant lego/meccano. Plus modern cars have an Onboard Diagnostic Port (OBDII) that gives you codes for various issues/troubleshooting. If humans had such a thing, would be incredibly useful.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sarah

That’s absolutely beautiful!

My nurse fiends share with me that they meet all sorts of characters, haha!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

Nope, no way, not again. Lol. This is why I’m still having stickers put on the stand in front and back that read:

This is not a toilet, please use the two bathrooms upstairs when you have the sudden urge.

Plus I’m going to either draw or find something that’s a picture as well, just in case it’s a young child again and they can’t read. It was stressful enough the first time it happened, I don’t know if I’d laugh or hire someone to go pee on that persons mail box or something.

Ironically, the whole starting point for me getting into saltwater tanks, was from my biology teacher. She set up a tank in our classroom, so we could study marine biology and other ecosystems. Out of like 30 students I was always picked to care and monitor the tank. I was the nerd of the class, so I didn’t mind. But, glad they did because that’s what sparked me to study my undergraduate courses.

Personally I never saw much difference between Dr.s and mechanics, so I really liked your point about the car running. It was brilliant.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUOTE="4FordFamily, post: 4633979, member: 51404"]That’s absolutely beautiful!

My nurse fiends share with me that they meet all sorts of characters, haha![/QUOTE]

Lol yes we always have some stories that’s for sure. It’s never a dull moment at work. Thank you for the lovely compliment, I’m looking forward to seeing your 12 foot tank here soon. Just think with all the wave makers, etc you could almost have your own tropical ocean beach front and spa. :)

“Personally I never saw much difference between Dr.s and mechanics, so I really liked your point about the car running. It was brilliant.” By NY_Caveman.

I have found that every person who has a job, does something that we otherwise could not do. I often wonder what different jobs would be, but I love mine too much to venture out. I have found that, no matter the job (well maybe except lobbyists and politicians (definitely not going politics) every person is so equally important as the next. I just would hope that more people would recognize that.

lol these multi quotes always list the first person, never the ones below. Hmmm but as another lovely person stated,

“Well cars are just giant lego/meccano. Plus modern cars have an Onboard Diagnostic Port (OBDII) that gives you codes for various issues/troubleshooting. If humans had such a thing, would be incredibly useful.” By Caswell,

Yes if only humans had those handy dandy thingys. I’m sure mechanics here from people all the time, my car does this weird thing. Yet as you look at them, ummmmm could you possibly confuse me anymore, or at least explain what in the heck weird means?

Now try having that conversation with somebody when they are sick. You feel bad for them, want to help so badly and they say doctor I’m sick. Okay what’s wrong, I don’t know can you just give me meds. Well I am trying to, sorry doctor I’m super sleepy, I’m gonna rest just let me know what you find. It makes it hard to help when you don’t even have much to go on. But yes those little diagnoses probe thingies would do wonders.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can take my car in and normally tell them either exactly what is wrong or at least where to look.

Yesterday I went to my doctor (who rocks, btw) and told him I had a sore throat and felt like crud. That was it. He ran a few tests, asked me if I cared what they showed which I didn't. He had his nurse give me a shot in the rear and sent me on my way with antibiotics. My fever was already gone by this morning. Energy level still stinks but the throat isn't bad anymore either.

Nothing beats a good doctor. And did I mention I was in and out of his office in under 20 minutes, antibiotic prescription filled and in hand?

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well yesterday my brother broke the camels back with me and, I had no choice but to make him leave. I did say that his children could stay, however if I’m not home, then a babysitter needs to be hired. (Which he needs to pay). The children can sleep here every night and can stay all day when I’m home.

Kicking my brother out was very emotional and hard for me, I lost a lot of tears. Even though my parents and the rest of my family agreed with me, it still broke my heart. (My brother decided (as broke as he is) asked me to borrow 200 dollars. Me as nice and naive, said okay but what is it for? He told me it was to buy his kiddos some needed clothes. As I finished my final exam early (yay that lets me graduate lol thank goodness I’m done) I came home early. When I came home his children were all downstairs alone. Which made me wonder where is there daddy. Well he was upstairs in my bed room, in my bed might I add (yes I threw up twice) with some girl that he paid to come over.

I was beyond upset, in which I told some random girl to leave or I was calling the police. In which my brother tried to explain his stupidity to me. I simply said I’m taking the children shopping for clothes. Please throw away my bed sheets, comforter, and mattress cover. Please throw all of my pillows away. Then please pack your belongings and leave, before I am home. He tried to plead he had no place to go, and no money. I simply and politely said you had 200, and wasted it on some random ugly girl. He asked me if I was taking his kids, and I said yes. They deserve new shoes and clothes. I then said I will drop them off either at our parents house or they can stay with me.

The worst part is, now I’m discussing with my family harsher options to protect his kids. Never have I lost so many tears as I have today. The good thing is, his children and I had icecream, they each picked out a few toys, and they each have new shoes. I also pretty much bought them all new clothes. Which we kinda had fun throwing away the old ones. It’s not that I’m mad (well I was when I found two people in my bed). But, I’m over that, but never been so disappointed in my older brother as I am now. He has had a rough harsh life, but today was no excuse. Sorry to vent I don’t have many friends, most are work friends and don’t like getting into personal matters. But sorry for the vent, it was killing me inside and still is.
I hate decisions that could hinder my character, and or everything I have accomplished. Having to report my brother is and has been the worst experience ever. Urgh
Stick to your guns, great job on your finals, thank you for stepping up and taking care of the kids. So many ppl would have thrown them out to. You are a great person. You will be a wonderful mom someday. You already a great aunt, and amazing role model

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So lol in a moment of stupidity on my behalf, I will give some people maybe a good laugh. Now earlier I stated I had to do a water change, which is normally 70 gallons. Some wanted a build thread of a tank, well I will give you all something even better.

I decided to put a salt water tank (set of course in the back of my Jeep Wrangler). How did one accomplish so fast, it’s very simple. First buy some five gallon water jugs at wall mart. I can’t lift anything else because, well they weigh about half of what I do. (It’s also my daily work out).

So I went to my local fish shop, to get salt water in said jugs. In which they were nice enough to load them for me. Now these come with screw on lids. Most people usually when filled with some kind of fluid usually put the lids on. Well clearly the new guy at the lfs, shop had no idea what their actual purpose in life was.

So as my driving home, it’s nornal for my water jugs to fall over and roll around. Nothing new to me. Now if you can picture this lol please do. I pull into my drive way, and get out of my Jeep and go to open the back door. As I open it I am blasted with about 70 gallons of water coming out of my Jeep. The guy didn’t put a single lid on my water jugs (I didn’t think it was too big of a mystery; but hey to each their own right). Now that I’m soaked to the bone, as if someone threw me into a swimming pool like a Barbie doll.

There is still a ton of water dribbling out of the back of my Jeep. Now if you can picture this, my dad bought my Jeep, it’s not a girls jeeps it’s a total guys Jeep. In which the back has seats but has a liner or whatever in the back etc. that you can just spray with water and it keeps the Jeep dry I guess. Is that true, nope, other than my back seats the rest of the back of thof Jeep is well wet and salty.

As I went to change out of my soggy clothes that stuck to me like some dipped me in a big bowl of log cabin maple syrup, getting my clothes off was actually just unpleasant. Plus for the first time I was over 90 pounds I gained 30 pounds and it was all water. Now that I’m dried off, I grabbed tons of towels, six to be exact. I soaked every single towel with water, plus two more.

I really tried to do a new saltwater tank, it just didn’t work out to well. But I can say I was able to get the full reefing experience. I can’t say being water logged is my all time favorite feeling. Nope, it’s really cold, and I’m still cold.

The moral of the story, lol don’t trust the lfs to put your water jug lids back on. Because, if you do, you to can have a salt water tank in the back of your vehicle. Now I’m not sure how to get everything out so I don’t rust my Jeep. But those little lids really do have a purpose here on earth, it’s to keep the water in the water jugs, when they roll around.

Sarah

Back