Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So was fun to return to work and I realized how fast three days off goes as compared to one day of work of 24 hours. I am so far liking this new wave maker and other than the instructions lol which I’m and thanks to @NY_Caveman will be watching videos. Well as soon as I umm figure out you tube lol and how to search on it.

I went and had lunch with my mum today and tried to add the new photo to my avatar, again lol it likes to cut my head off hmmmm. So I promised my mum I would show the pic because she said it was a good one, me I’m thinking nope but a promise is a promise.

Curious for a mixed reef in a 240 that has sps on top and lps and softies below how much flow should one have @saltyfilmfolks if you know or @Brew12 @Fin @Katrina71 lol umm role call I guess @ everyone.

31D23E2B-0191-48E8-8319-B57D4CB55C84.jpeg
It is a nice picture, Ms. Sarah!

I would say experiment with the flow, until you find what allows your corals to look happy. Some softies can tolerate more flow that you might imagine. I have green neptha in my nano and there is an MP-10 blowing right on it from about 8" away. It has the best polyp extension of the three frags of nepthea in the tank.

In my 140, which was sort of SPS on top and softies on the bottom, I had a closed loop, using a ReeFlo Dart and an OceansMotions 4-way valve. It had four returns, two up front and two at the bottom front. The 4-Way would send flow through two of the 1" nozzles at a time and created some really strong and random flow on its own. Add to that an MP-40 on the back wall and a Mag 12 return pump and there really weren't many "calm" spots in the tank. This is what that tank looked like...

Good-140-3.jpg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today as I came home to do my daily water test lol. Note to others while doing said water test, do not watch the movie beverly hills ninja lol (my first time). You know how many times I messed up the calcium count and alk, I had to redo them like four times, and I paused the movie.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today as I came home to do my daily water test lol. Note to others while doing said water test, do not watch the movie beverly hills ninja lol (my first time). You know how many times I messed up the calcium count and alk, I had to redo them like four times, and I paused the movie.

Pictures or it did not happen...... Today i get to go shopping Weeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee ee e ee e e Meeeeeee For plumbing supplies YUCK

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures or it did not happen...... Today i get to go shopping Weeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee ee e ee e e Meeeeeee For plumbing supplies YUCK
Pretend you are plumbing a sump!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I can do most of my testing with no issues while distracted. The hanna ULR phosphorus still gets me. It isn't unusual for me to put the sample in to get the reading, set it down to analyze and start cleaning up. I've had to redo many samples because I don't look at the reading before it powers down after 3 minutes. Oops. :oops:

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can do most of my testing with no issues while distracted. The hanna ULR phosphorus still gets me. It isn't unusual for me to put the sample in to get the reading, set it down to analyze and start cleaning up. I've had to redo many samples because I don't look at the reading before it powers down after 3 minutes. Oops. :oops:

Lol. Happens to me at least every other time I use the ULR Hanna checker.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretend you are plumbing a sump!

I wish it were that simple... This is a Master bathroom renovation . I am moving the Toilet into a Area where i tore out a hall way closet and opened the back side facing the Bathroom.. Removing a Tub and putting in a Giant walk in shower. changing two vanities to one Huge one... I do 4-5 Complete bathrooms a year. a few kitchens and Lots of other Misc repairs. I am the Alien Remodel Goddess.. I know this because it says so on The side of my VAN ...

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Sometimes I have to keep checking my van to just to be sure that it doesn't say "Adult Day-Care" on the side of it.
It's ok if you're driving it.
[emoji4]
Still ok if you're riding.
[emoji6]
Small victories...
[emoji57]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends

So sorry been crazy crazy busy just bloody exhausted lol. I finally had another weekend well sorta off lol. I ended up crashing early last night but generally I’m up right now and I’m trying to tell my brain and body it’s sleepy time, nope let’s be a chirpy bird instead (lovely).

Gosh these vans seem scary lol they have no windows in the back (what goes on back there guys, what stray cats dogs humans are you taking to ihop)

After cleaning all my wave makers I forgot to clean the return pumps or I simply was to lazy but definitely leaning towards the forgot side but can handle lazy also. I have found that my nitrates spike while using filter socks, so those are history. Now I may buy a canister filter and run just the micro fiber thingy in it to keep water really clear. Not sure yet, I’m running out of things to plug things into and probably close to a ford hazard. I’m close to 17 things being plugged into my tank good grief. I maybe should install so fire extinguishers next to my tank, or better yet a hammer in a wood case that says in case of fire break glass. That should definitely put the out any flames as well as anything else. Then I am certain I’ll have to remodel my house lol.

As I lay here on the couch watching cartoons, I kept feeling this cold draft and piling on more blankets etc. then after I’m buried and have the weight of me in blankets on me lol I still feel this cold burrr draft. Then I realize my toes are sticking out of the blankets even though I’m curled into s little soft ball. Now that all my toes are accounted for, wow it’s overly toasty in all these blankets lol may shed like five or six. But as I lay here my tank is just now starting to wake up, as my lights slowly from east to west start to light up. Good morning everyone and yes I should be asleep.

Cheers

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends

So sorry been crazy crazy busy just bloody exhausted lol. I finally had another weekend well sorta off lol. I ended up crashing early last night but generally I’m up right now and I’m trying to tell my brain and body it’s sleepy time, nope let’s be a chirpy bird instead (lovely).

Gosh these vans seem scary lol they have no windows in the back (what goes on back there guys, what stray cats dogs humans are you taking to ihop)

After cleaning all my wave makers I forgot to clean the return pumps or I simply was to lazy but definitely leaning towards the forgot side but can handle lazy also. I have found that my nitrates spike while using filter socks, so those are history. Now I may buy a canister filter and run just the micro fiber thingy in it to keep water really clear. Not sure yet, I’m running out of things to plug things into and probably close to a ford hazard. I’m close to 17 things being plugged into my tank good grief. I maybe should install so fire extinguishers next to my tank, or better yet a hammer in a wood case that says in case of fire break glass. That should definitely put the out any flames as well as anything else. Then I am certain I’ll have to remodel my house lol.

As I lay here on the couch watching cartoons, I kept feeling this cold draft and piling on more blankets etc. then after I’m buried and have the weight of me in blankets on me lol I still feel this cold burrr draft. Then I realize my toes are sticking out of the blankets even though I’m curled into s little soft ball. Now that all my toes are accounted for, wow it’s overly toasty in all these blankets lol may shed like five or six. But as I lay here my tank is just now starting to wake up, as my lights slowly from east to west start to light up. Good morning everyone and yes I should be asleep.

Cheers

I thought Zombies never Sleep..... Hummmmm Ohh My van is Cute and Has a Rear Window ... With Bars on it..

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I feel like a zombie and probably walk and talk like one like in the movie Warm bodies. Except, as the main character R I would be S lol and obviously still a girl. Of course the main quote of “he’s still dead but getting warmer” (movie warm bodies 2013). Would have to be changed she is still dead but gettin warmer so remove the 90 pounds of blankets:) oh and cover her toes :)

You have bars on the back of your van hmmmm is it the funny farm van or the eek Hannibal lector van (that movie was so creepy I didn’t finish it).

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back