Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gatorade is what i have been drinking , and some water . Are you offering ?
I do have a sizeable rum collection. You are probably more into whiskey though. :)

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a sizeable rum collection. You are probably more into whiskey though. :)
Weee.

Ice water and Gatorade .. I picked up plumbing fitting for return pump bulkhead, Got plywood ripped for new sump stand and Ripped some Black acrylic since i had table saw out of garage. (garage cant be used for cutting right now) For new OVERFLOW BOX that is going to be identical as the old tank just bigger holes .

Tomorrow I should have the time to switch out the sump tank .

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol immm so lost (and it’s my own thread lol that’s sooo bad of me). But to update news with my new diamond goby lol (seem to have horrible luck) it too has disappeared lol. I saw him enter the tank and not since then lol. Hmmmm what could I be doing wrong?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol immm so lost (and it’s my own thread lol that’s sooo bad of me). But to update news with my new diamond goby lol (seem to have horrible luck) it too has disappeared lol. I saw him enter the tank and not since then lol. Hmmmm what could I be doing wrong?
Big tank. Small fish. Alcohol intolerance makes it impossible to drink wine and relax while staring at the tank. That is my professional opinion. ;)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So after about a week I can assume the new goby ahh didn’t make it and the old one hasn’t shown up yet. Which means I am 0-2 which is kinda bad. All my other fish stay in the tank or alive for that sake. Not sure what I’m doing wrong or, what said issue is, but not having great luck with them.

I am not sure if some of my sand is too large and it’s harming them, or if they are just up and bbq. It’s the oddest thing I have seen so far in my short time frame.

In addition I have yet again turned my brights down which now I’m close to 30%. Hopefully lol some Of my corals will enjoy that more. Been having a few sps sticks just lose tissue then bleach out before I can do anything. All the parameters are the same and within what I normally have anyway.

I have not seen sps bleach because of too little light but have with too much. This unfortunately is where I’m left scratching my head as too why I have lost some sps. Usually tangs are reef safe, I have a bellus angel which is normally reef safe, but lol maybe not. I haven’t seen my angel ever picking on corals.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So after about a week I can assume the new goby ahh didn’t make it and the old one hasn’t shown up yet. Which means I am 0-2 which is kinda bad. All my other fish stay in the tank or alive for that sake. Not sure what I’m doing wrong or, what said issue is, but not having great luck with them.

I am not sure if some of my sand is too large and it’s harming them, or if they are just up and bbq. It’s the oddest thing I have seen so far in my short time frame.

In addition I have yet again turned my brights down which now I’m close to 30%. Hopefully lol some Of my corals will enjoy that more. Been having a few sps sticks just lose tissue then bleach out before I can do anything. All the parameters are the same and within what I normally have anyway.

I have not seen sps bleach because of too little light but have with too much. This unfortunately is where I’m left scratching my head as too why I have lost some sps. Usually tangs are reef safe, I have a bellus angel which is normally reef safe, but lol maybe not. I haven’t seen my angel ever picking on corals.
SorryGIF.gif

Are you sure he didn't take up residence in the back of your rockwork, away from prying eyes? Fish like privacy too. You will have less sand on your corals, if you are looking for a silver lining. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Burrrrrrr never occurred to me how cold 26 degree is, until I forgot my coat ops. It was a raging mad dash back into work, and wow that rotating door is painfully slow. I’m positive some roller door guy saw me on camera and said look at this clown, let’s turn the motors off. Let’s make her push that massive rotating door open before she becomes an ice cube lol.

It’s possible that is true about the goby yet, lol after a week one would assume to see a glimpse lol. Maybe not lol. Either way the cyano is coming back, and I may go with another goby or heck chemi clean the darn tank. I don’t over feed, my lights at 30% and my parameters for nitrates are at 5ppm and gosh the first color on phosphates what ever number that is.

Not to mention, my bubble tip anemone (so cant spell today even with spell checker, Brain is still frozen), will not stay in one place. It’s like a Roman from the old times, it romes the entire tank. If I could glue him down I would, he wasn’t happy next to the flower anemone, I guess getting stung back didn’t feel to good, just a thought.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
26 is too cold! Stay warm!

Our gecko goby stayed out of sight for a month.
[emoji53]

See it about every 4th day for 3 seconds as it makes a mad dash for food.

Your types of gobies should be out more than that. But maybe not until they settle in?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,

Yeah lol it was 19 this morning and I looked like the marshmallow girl with 50 coats on and I was still cold. Plus one knows it’s cold when your tank is normally at 79-79 and was at 76 and heaters were on. Not to mention I have turned the heat up like four degree more in my own home and still freeze to death.

It does make it hard to stay warm though when work still has the ac on, (why oh why oh why). I will never understand the reason they keep it at 60 degrees, but offer heated blankets lol.

In terms of my tank yay lol, I think the happy spot for the cool whites and whites is about 30%. Normally my tank never had a problem with it running on the presets like number three or 4, but maybe there was too much light. I guess we will see, since I can always turn them up higher. I still run the blues and uv at 100%. But hoping the cool white and magenta are at 30%. I also lost a power supply and this is why I love current usa. The power supply that went to my light is out of warranty. I offered to buy one, nope no worries you will have a new one in two days, throw the old one away. Wow sooooo awesome of them, to do that. (I used the power supply from the third light that was way too strong as the backup:).

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol you all are .... ......... Today high was 41 i went to work wearing shorts and a tank top.. Its all in your mind. if you think its going to be cold its going to be cold. If you think its going to be hot its going to be hot.. If you think you are in a Beach in a Bikini .. Ohh I do not know that answer.. If you think its not that bad and you know and are prepared to just GET THE JOB DONE..
Things will be just fine..

Good Luck... Stop complaining or move to a better suited climate for your Conditions..

Hi everyone. I posted some pics of the new Sump up and running . I have 3 3d printers in my amazon cart . which one hummm.. Wiring for REEF-PI is ready to go in and And i have a siding job to start Tuesday... Who needs a Job.. .. no @Sarah24! not goby hunting..

Happy Friday

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a love/hate relationship with anemones for that reason. My last one ended up sitting directly on top of my acan colony....so I sat there with a majano wand poking him. He wasn't happy but he high-tailed it to the back of the tank where he's been ever since!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back