Urgh seriously.

Sorcha2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I've ever commented on your thread before but I really like your thread just the way it is too. I haven't read it in quite awhile but was just getting caught up. I noticed in an older post that you don't drink alcohol. If you ever wanted to try something similar to wine or champagne there is a winery in Missouri called St. James winery and they make the best sparkling juices.

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it’s time to stop lurking and come forward and confuse... Hi my name is Don and I am a lurker. Well that was easier than I expected.

I truly enjoy your writing and the responses of the rest of you folks. This brightens my day (Ok I am a night owl so I read the forums before going to sleep) as I read them. It’s a pleasure to hangout with folks that can be silly.

My $.02, so I will now go back to lurking...carry on.

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it’s time to stop lurking and come forward and confuse... Hi my name is Don and I am a lurker. Well that was easier than I expected.

I truly enjoy your writing and the responses of the rest of you folks. This brightens my day (Ok I am a night owl so I read the forums before going to sleep) as I read them. It’s a pleasure to hangout with folks that can be silly.

My $.02, so I will now go back to lurking...carry on.
+1 but I’m K, not don

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see some of the lurkers come out of the bushes to join in the fun! :)
Lurker.gif
Lurker.gif
Lurker.gif

See Sarah, you have more friends and followers than you even knew! Urgh! :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning friends,

I do wanna day thanks for all the love and support makes me love it hear a million times more. Yes of course I would always continue my thread of who knows what’s next on he topic menu. I hope everyone had a happy fourth and it was safe.

I do have a few updates but been busy at work re doing some things but will definitely post later with said updates. At @Fin lol where did you get those lovely bushes with the set of eyes in them? :) love to have like 30 of them lol.

@Brew12 I was gonna mention something and lost my thought Urgh but It will come to me.

@norfolkgarden I’m glad it’s your favorite it means a lot to me.

I have a bunch more to mention and promise I will the new lol Lurkers lol. What is a lurker anyway that’s a new one to me. Glad your on board and yes the laughs will continue promise.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 I was gonna mention something and lost my thought Urgh but It will come to me.
I have that effect on people. It's almost like my inability to think sucks the thoughts right out of those smarter than me! ;Wideyed

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning friends,

I do wanna day thanks for all the love and support makes me love it hear a million times more. Yes of course I would always continue my thread of who knows what’s next on he topic menu. I hope everyone had a happy fourth and it was safe.

I do have a few updates but been busy at work re doing some things but will definitely post later with said updates. At @Fin lol where did you get those lovely bushes with the set of eyes in them? :) love to have like 30 of them lol.

@norfolkgarden I’m glad it’s your favorite it means a lot to me.

I have a bunch more to mention and promise I will the new lol Lurkers lol. What is a lurker anyway that’s a new one to me. Glad your on board and yes the laughs will continue promise.
Ha! On a forum, a lurker is someone that is an avid reader, but doesn't post much. In real life, a lurker is kinda like a stalker. :) The emojis are people concealed in bushes. Interested and watching, but don't necessarily want to be noticed. You want 30 of them, you say? Be careful what you wish for...
high5.gif

Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif

Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol oh my my you two crack me up, lol. Now that I have all these bushes with peeping little beedy eyes it should help me see all around me now :).

On an off topic which is what I’m known for lol, I always use to hate how cold they keep hospitals. I always have to dress so much warmer until this week. You know it’s hot outside when you think the hospital that is normally a freezer feels normal. Nope it’s only an oven preheating outside to cook us like little pizzas. This is where I really miss the Northern Oregon area and Seatlle area, never really above 70 in the Newport area of Oregon, and usually not higher than 80 in Seattle. But Boise at 102, is just way way to warm, which is odd the first two days of last week was 77, then the fourth was 95, then Thursday was 105. Feel bad for those who have to Work outside in this.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! On a forum, a lurker is someone that is an avid reader, but doesn't post much. In real life, a lurker is kinda like a stalker. :) The emojis are people concealed in bushes. Interested and watching, but don't necessarily want to be noticed. You want 30 of them, you say? Be careful what you wish for...
high5.gif

Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif

Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif
Lurker-tiny.gif

That is scary ..... I am shutting the window blinds..

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have that effect on people. It's almost like my inability to think sucks the thoughts right out of those smarter than me! ;Wideyed

Reverse Jedi mind trick?

(Sarah probably does not get it)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Lol @NY_Caveman umm huh lol how do you reverse a Jedi mind trick (do they even work)? Oh and I know wrong thread but how’s your tank :) excited:).

@Erica-Renee is that little face thing a ma jig that’s blue isn’t that from monster inc the one eyed short guy? (That’s just seems wrong but it’s the cartoon guy, it’s not the fluffy one Sully, but his partner the one eyed blue monster. How did he get on your phone?

@Bronc thank you soooooooooo much it means the world to me. Everyone on here is so lovely, it’s my favorite place to come to when I’m not running Mach 9 24/7.

Okay oh and welcome @kajam and @Don Lidtke and @Sorcha2 and lok I will get them all and @mta_morrow and @cmcoker I promise to st least make you smile when you read my thread and thank you kindly for the compliments :).

Oh and we can never forget @cracker who always seems to make me laugh while I’m eating cereal or drinking milk and it comes out my nose:) I know he is planning his next attack.
Also @Fin and @Brew12 dknt know what I’d do with out both of you. (Oh and @Brew12 please have safe trip).

So I haven’t done much with my new 425 because well if I ever stop working close to 80 hours a week plus I may have some time lol. I’m thinking it would be easier to just add 12 hours to the day. But supposedly the place making my tank lol might be another month out. Which means lol I may get it for Xmas and or a tad sooner. As well I still have not had a chance to really look and explore my new lights but was hoping @Erica-Renee she could help me with that.
I did finally speak to the company who want to build my stand. Is it normal for them to ask for a signed waiver saying they won’t be liable if the tank crushes the stand? It seems a bit odd to me but this is a first for me.

In regards to my 240, it’s super happy with out the third light. I was able to catch my birds nest and frag it before it went up in flames. It was my fault I cooked it by adding 33%more light. But now instead of a massive birds nest lol it’s a moderate one. But they grow really fast and it should be back to normal. See friends this is what happens lol when you change a good thing.

In addition, I finally have my nitrates down between 5-10 ppm and things still seem to be doing good. Oh and if I happen to mention that I wanna make changes to my tank again will some through one of those like fluffs at me.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends

So today I found something amazing in my 240, and I’m gonna be a mom, or in the words of finding Nemo, Cora says “we’re gonna be parents”. Here is a pic of the new eggs, I don’t know what the survival rate is on these but there isn’t much research on it.

EC2998F3-FDFE-49F1-A55C-46AAF8A0B50B.jpeg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol oh good grief, well good thing the maternity ward is like 50 feet from the er. I can leave it to them to care for all the new borns. I am curious if I should name each one like Cora suggests or like this half marlin jr and this half Cora jr. there we are done, I like Nemo:).

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So here is a tiny video of them caring for all 10,000 of them.
It’s really neat how they rub their face in the eggs. I would have thought they would have been concealed a little more but they are next to a huge frogspawn that does cover them. Was curious if the frogspawn would deter crabs and snails etc. I’m not even sure about fish, but the clowns chase anything away that comes near them. I tried to post a short 25 second video but it won’t up load for me :(, well @Fin and @cracker and @Brew12 there goes the idea of me reading red fish blue fish book bed time story to my fishes or me singing the songs from Moana with my English accent.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking they may become treats in a tank with fishes, so maybe not name them just yet. :) Breeding is one part of the hobby that I have not ventured into, so you will need help from someone other than me. o_O

I haven't tried to upload a video either, but you can upload it to YouTube and then "share" it with the "media" button in the tool bar, if you can't just upload the file. You will figure it out. Are you using your iPhone yet? :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back