Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

Sorry I have been super swamped specially with work, it’s
Been pretty sad at work since Boise actually made national news. Anyway, I had some time and wanted to update my wonderful friends.

So I had my lfs test my water and I did an additional water change to lower my nitrates. They still are not super high but just higher than what I have wanted and what I have always been doing. So after an additional 15 gallons I was between 10-15 but hoping to get between 5-10 as a constant. I have seem to have had better luck with it in that range than a tad higher. To be honest lol I don’t even know where it should be. I’m pretty sure my wonderful friends have mentioned it lol @Brew12 and @NY_Caveman and more. I’m so sorry I’m about to fall over and fall asleep right now. I can barely remeber lol my own name. But I searched and searched and wow do I go off topic a lot lol. Oh well.

But, I could not find the post it was in lol. I know it’s bad to chase numbers and not really doing that. I just wrote down everything that made my tank so beautiful, before I made changes. So I’m not sure if 5-20 ppm of nitrate is really bad or a difference in what I’m shooting for. Even now none of my sps seem to suffer and still growing great. My acans and wells and trac seem happy that it’s no longer 33% closer to the sun. I am doing the drop in nitrate slow so if any of my lfs are open tomorrow (doubtful), then I’ll have to do it Thursday before work. I have to get it done kinda soon because I think until August my only real day off is Sunday. I still have my 24 hour shifts but lately been having to work 12 hours on the off days. I had 96 hours last week, which is good and bad. The good is we get overtime, the bad is why own a house lol. I’m at work more than I am home, when I do go home I’m only there for 8 hours lol and it feels like work. Is that normal lol.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol @NY_Caveman I didn’t until you decided to mention it, and now I can’t stop wondering if you calculated suggested sleep time in, and or average sleep time, along with brushing ones teeth, food time, play time, and most of all our tank and R2R time. I would love to see your pie charts (love those). :) you crack me up:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I see why you are thinking about an aquarium in your office. You should put the 400 gallon at work instead. Three tanks is a lot going on. Funny, though, I was exactly your age and starting my career when I had three tanks running.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

Sorry I have been super swamped specially with work, it’s
Been pretty sad at work since Boise actually made national news. Anyway, I had some time and wanted to update my wonderful friends.

So I had my lfs test my water and I did an additional water change to lower my nitrates. They still are not super high but just higher than what I have wanted and what I have always been doing. So after an additional 15 gallons I was between 10-15 but hoping to get between 5-10 as a constant. I have seem to have had better luck with it in that range than a tad higher. To be honest lol I don’t even know where it should be. I’m pretty sure my wonderful friends have mentioned it lol @Brew12 and @NY_Caveman and more. I’m so sorry I’m about to fall over and fall asleep right now. I can barely remeber lol my own name. But I searched and searched and wow do I go off topic a lot lol. Oh well.

But, I could not find the post it was in lol. I know it’s bad to chase numbers and not really doing that. I just wrote down everything that made my tank so beautiful, before I made changes. So I’m not sure if 5-20 ppm of nitrate is really bad or a difference in what I’m shooting for. Even now none of my sps seem to suffer and still growing great. My acans and wells and trac seem happy that it’s no longer 33% closer to the sun. I am doing the drop in nitrate slow so if any of my lfs are open tomorrow (doubtful), then I’ll have to do it Thursday before work. I have to get it done kinda soon because I think until August my only real day off is Sunday. I still have my 24 hour shifts but lately been having to work 12 hours on the off days. I had 96 hours last week, which is good and bad. The good is we get overtime, the bad is why own a house lol. I’m at work more than I am home, when I do go home I’m only there for 8 hours lol and it feels like work. Is that normal lol.
Nitrates have a wide range where they can be fine. Many of the "master" reef keepers will keep NO3 in the 5ppm to 30ppm range. I think I'd rather be on the lower end of that scale but I wouldn't worry if mine was below 20ppm.

I hope you get to enjoy the 4th and that you can catch up on your sleep soon!

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comments deleted
Welcome to reef2reef.

This thread is in the Lounge subforum, which is for off topic threads, so.... feel free to check out the other subforums where threads may (or not) stay more on reef topics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comments deleted
Rude much? As they say, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything. No one made you read any of this. And I hope the @mods remove your post. Very mean spirited on your part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly hope you didn't get to read that comment. The nerve of some people and the complete absence of class was unbelievable. That's the kind of trash that turned me off of another forum and brought me here years ago. He clearly does not belong here and if he continues that kind of posting, I am sure the mods will boot him out of here.

Just keep doing what you are doing. This is a great outlet for you, since you can't really participate on any other social media under your real name. You are stuck at the hospital at all hours of the day and night and really don't have time for much of a social life. This is your comfort zone to interact with friends. Don't let one sour apple spoil the barrel, as they say.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't change a thing, this is one of my favorite threads

It appears this thread has evolved from the original peeing Neanderthals (Sorry Sarah for calling your nephews the N word, but I call it as I see it! :eek:)....which I found down right hilarious....to Dr. Sarah's build thread.....A build thread called Urgh! :p

Do the Mod's need to move this to the Member's Tank Forum? :cool: :D

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not really a forum thread
This is not really Reef to Reef forum
You are not looking at a Web Browser

This is a Figment of the imagination of a Twisted Doctor who watches to many Cartoons and Buys things she has no time to open , All while trying to see over the steering wheel of a Car she is not allowed to drive..

Yes this is Not Real.....

ohh Hi Sarah.. hope all is well...... Blame all the bad stuffs on me ...

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear friends,

Yes sadly I did see it and read it. I just don’t have literally any social media and I don’t want to break and rules, I’m not a rule breaker. I just want to share my reef experience with others and other things that seem to pop up at the time because that’s life. Honestly, the person upset st me because I was off topic and or other topics didn’t bother me, it was everything else that was said and that fact I was possibly violating a rule.

My goal is to share my feeding experiences with my good friends here and also have it for other to have an outlet. Life is frustrating at times, and even our hobby is. Sometimes if we talk about other things it calms people down. At no time did I want to violate rules etc.

The other things said, well just umm well.

But as long as I’m in the guidelines I will always keep my thread the way it has been, a place for smiles and laughter.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear friends,

Yes sadly I did see it and read it. I just don’t have literally any social media and I don’t want to break and rules, I’m not a rule breaker. I just want to share my reef experience with others and other things that seem to pop up at the time because that’s life. Honestly, the person upset st me because I was off topic and or other topics didn’t bother me, it was everything else that was said and that fact I was possibly violating a rule.

My goal is to share my feeding experiences with my good friends here and also have it for other to have an outlet. Life is frustrating at times, and even our hobby is. Sometimes if we talk about other things it calms people down. At no time did I want to violate rules etc.

The other things said, well just umm well.

But as long as I’m in the guidelines I will always keep my thread the way it has been, a place for smiles and laughter.
Sarah, this is your build thread/lounge thread. You get to pick the topics. If you want it to be about reefing, roofing, relaxing or recordings of Elvis Presley, go for it!

The only rules you really need to worry about are to not be rude to others and to keep things PG.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah, this is your build thread/lounge thread. You get to pick the topics. If you want it to be about reefing, roofing, relaxing or recordings of Elvis Presley, go for it!

The only rules you really need to worry about are to not be rude to others and to keep things PG.
uggh Elvis ..really

but yes i agree except For Elvis..... Roofing is not fun either...

OHH How about the Outbreak of cyano in my tank for no reason... I may have to intervene if it does not subside soon....

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back