Urgh seriously.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition, I learned life and doctor skills there that I should have been paying them for still to this day! I owe my success in part to our country, the and women who serve it and their supportive family friends and loved ones who sacrifice the one thing we would all consider irreplaceable...time with our loved ones!!
CPT USARMY MC
Well said Doctor we are who we are not because of what we do but because of who we are deep in our hearts and minds. You gave your son life giving words to live by! Thank you for your example of service and passing that on to your children and to the world. Well done sir and may your tribe increase!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Military doctoring was an honor. All patients are and have been special to me but my time in the military treating my active duty brothers and sisters was an honor and a lesson I will never forget!!

It’s not the amount of money that makes people the way they are or dictates the appreciation for life’s moments good bad am ugly are all precious. When my youngest son (of six children) decided to join that Marines as an enlisted infantry type marine instead of going to college and joining through ROTC we got a lot of crooked eye looks. And once there when his bunk mates found out where he came from he got all kind of flack about how he would never make it bc he was born with the proverbial “silver spoon”. When I read that in one of his letters I was crushed. I wrote him immediately and told him that character and intestinal fortitude (having the balls) to maneuver and succeed in a dire circumstances comes from the values that were forged in the crucible of life not in the bank account of your parents. My road to “economic” success through my career was not handed to me as the so of a Pittsburgh steel worker. [emoji1320][emoji1320]

Point is ... people are people and the bank account doesn’t dictate who they really are at heart.
Well said.

Thank you for your service sir.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@tdlawdo wow that’s amazing and glad you did do that. I agree with you 100% or the time. It’s sad how society and people treat each other. At one point I wanted to get the training and certifications to be a doctor on the iss space station. At least up there they more than likely get along, unlike down here where 9 billion people go at it.

From my medical background I doubt I would pass meps because of my weight. Me gaining weight has been an issue all my life. Plus I have an extreme case of shyness and would just probably hide when yelled at. But the training and good it does would be awesome. Yet my family dr said it’s super hard when we are sent into places like Somolia, and we stabilize the village and people, just to find out a week later we hit it on a bombing run. I couldn’t do that I would speak my mind and be in trouble (for once in my life for real). I’m glad you said what you did because it’s true. I still get made fun of for forgetting to cash like 6 of my checks. It’s because I don’t care about money (well need it to survive) but I’m not like oh look at me look at me every five minutes.

I hate shopping specially when ladies my age send me to the kids section. But I have found the heart is what makes a person whole and good. The one who always says yes even when all their so called friends never talk to them unless needed. I learned early in life and even now that I’m that friend. When things go bad I’m important and needed, when life is great I don’t exist. But it’s okay because it’s something that I’m okay with and known for.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can be rich or poor in many ways. Your heart and mind are your legacy. It won't be how much you paid for your shoes that matters in the end. It will be the miles in other people's shoes that will.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can be rich or poor in many ways. Your heart and mind are your legacy. It won't be how much you paid for your shoes that matters in the end. It will be the miles in other people's shoes that will.

[emoji1317][emoji1320][emoji177]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

After sadly two weeks and dropping my nitrates back down to 2 ppm I think I’m gonna have to go to plan b and use chemi clean. I thought the cyano was on the decrees but it had nice stuff through out my whole tank. I have turned my flow up, changed my flow, changed the patterns, cut the photo period down, and back to the noprox as well daily.

Not fond of chemi clean but I hate cyano more and I have to study up on it because I don’t wanna crash my tank either. These are the things I hate having to make on my tank. I also have to relevel the sand bed do tk my goby building K2 and mt Everest and also redesigning the Grand Canyon in the middle.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

After sadly two weeks and dropping my nitrates back down to 2 ppm I think I’m gonna have to go to plan b and use chemi clean. I thought the cyano was on the decrees but it had nice stuff through out my whole tank. I have turned my flow up, changed my flow, changed the patterns, cut the photo period down, and back to the noprox as well daily.

Not fond of chemi clean but I hate cyano more and I have to study up on it because I don’t wanna crash my tank either. These are the things I hate having to make on my tank. I also have to relevel the sand bed do tk my goby building K2 and mt Everest and also redesigning the Grand Canyon in the middle.
Lol. My goby has been making me insane too! Why do they have to be so artistic! Haha

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well tomorrow he will have to start all over as I remove the coral from the sand bed. I will then suck up the extra cyano I have and relevel the sand. I am trying to find a good way to suck up the red shag carpet lol. The shovel and rubber maid worked well but, I kinda drown myself. I have a hose siphon for like fresh water tanks, will that suck up the cyano?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

Well tomorrow he will have to start all over as I remove the coral from the sand bed. I will then suck up the extra cyano I have and relevel the sand. I am trying to find a good way to suck up the red shag carpet lol. The shovel and rubber maid worked well but, I kinda drown myself. I have a hose siphon for like fresh water tanks, will that suck up the cyano?
Yes.

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well per my dr note I can only do my normal three 24 hour shifts or 12 hour shifts but must have two days off, until further notice. So hopefully it won’t upset work tooo much, but when I turned it in, I didn’t sense any problems. @Fin is r&r research and refine? Or did you mean R2R like here and if so oh no I will still be on as usual.

@crusso1993 ahh I have been super shy my whole life, and pretty sure that’s it lol. It’s surprisingly difficult, (I have tried), to get past. There are the magnetic doors in order to get certain places etc. when I tried to go to my own office my id badge didn’t work. (Then when (security, asked me who I was lol I said I work here is my id.) then he said I needed to check in with hr which kinda scared me. Then the lady there didn’t even know me. But all they had to do was reprogram my id.

@Coral Storm huh lol. What do you mean? According to my api test kit nitrates range between 2-5ppm but was told they are ballparked. However, they tell me the redsea test kit is exact. But I have a problem with that. I’m told cyano is because I have too many nutrients, well all my sps are doing excellent and same as my lps and softies. So prior my coral hate high nitrates and they definitely show it. But even if true the plus or minus of the test still has to be within the same frame as the redsea.
usually i leave nitrates between 5 to 10 ppm zoanthids like "dirtier" water if that makes sense just have a bit of nitrates and your good.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did someone say, "Rubber ducky?"

Hello,

Omg you just had to go there with rubber ducky from seasame street. I may have rubber ducky floaties but I gave up on my rubber ducky when I was like 16 lol (jk) I actually never had one, but did have a squeaky toy something lol.

@Coral Storm I get cyano outbreaks if my tank goes above 10 ppm. I normally keep between 2-5ppm on average and some days it spikes.

As much as I hate doing monthly water changes maybe they will have to be every two weeks. But it slows way way down but never just simple goes away. Hmmm

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry been super exhausted and busy with work and training buttttttttt yay. So I kinda (broke my sand sucker thing) but I increased my noprox dosage and dropped my nitrates lower. Plus I knocked the Mount Everest and K2 back down again and leveled the sand bed.

To my surprise I may have an upper hand on cyano, since it’s no longer on my rocks and or sand. But it has been an ongoing grind. I change the filter socks every two days, and the micro pads every day. I do this after I had sucked the cyano up and blasted it off the rocks. I also cleaned more of my wave makers and honestly it happened because I was lazy. Now I can start reducing the noprox, daily as I watch the nitrates stay around 2-5ppm. I was able to avoid chemiclean which was my main goal and corals seem much better and my clam is happy again. I will update with pics just as soon as I finish working 24 hours :(.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry been super exhausted and busy with work and training buttttttttt yay. So I kinda (broke my sand sucker thing) but I increased my noprox dosage and dropped my nitrates lower. Plus I knocked the Mount Everest and K2 back down again and leveled the sand bed.

To my surprise I may have an upper hand on cyano, since it’s no longer on my rocks and or sand. But it has been an ongoing grind. I change the filter socks every two days, and the micro pads every day. I do this after I had sucked the cyano up and blasted it off the rocks. I also cleaned more of my wave makers and honestly it happened because I was lazy. Now I can start reducing the noprox, daily as I watch the nitrates stay around 2-5ppm. I was able to avoid chemiclean which was my main goal and corals seem much better and my clam is happy again. I will update with pics just as soon as I finish working 24 hours :(.
Glad to hear it! Woo!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry you are exhausted already. Not good. Get some sleep!
sleep1.gif

Glad you are making headway with the cyano. It can be a slow process to get rid of it without nuking it. I think you are doing it the right way without adding chemicals.
chemist-smiley-emoticon.gif

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back