Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really surprised that they sent you home. :eek: Are you sure it wasn’t a jail break? :) You do have a bathroom downstairs at the new rental, right? Good thing you are not back at you old house with all the bathrooms upstairs!

I know you will be much more comfortable around your stuff at home. Did you ever get it all unpacked?

Take it easy and keep that weight up. Can you eat ice cream? That ought to help
:)

Glad you are home. Be sure to keep us updated.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing you are not back at you old house with all the bathrooms upstairs!
She had a sump downstairs, she would have been fine. ;) :p

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends

Ahh sorry for not posting ahhh I kinda hurt my right hand also so it made it hard to do anything. But now that I can actually move it it’s been much better. Things are still very very much painful and therapy helps some but also makes it worse but as a professional I know why so csnt rewlly complain.

but I was able to finally get outside in the hot new wheel chair pushed (by a volunteer from the home care) was super nice. Felt bad he is older than my dad and he use to push his wife etc. it was good and nice (little awarkward because I don’t know anything about the early 50s.

as some have asked how my tank is doing, I can say lfs has a much easier time with it now that I can help direct what needs to be done. But havnt lost any fish but lost quite a bit of coral, but they are willing to help redo it when I can and the tank is stable.

In terms lol when I was like working on how to manage a wheel chair I kinda grabbed the wheel to stop me (and sprained and I blister the palm of my hand. So moving fingers was painful but its been much better. A friend wanted me to stay warm so she got me a very warm white fluffy fleece type coat jacket. I thought I’d mimic statepuff marshmallow but it turned out cute.

035C9AA7-5414-4CDF-AA43-CA8F32F13384.jpeg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see you out and about! Sorry about your hand. Stay puff marshmallow or not your smiling face is good to see after all you are going though! :) Continued positive thoughts and prayers sent your way!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you out and about, Sarah! Sorry about your good hand. You need to be extra careful with that one. Have you been able to put any weight on? Not often I can get away asking a woman that in public. :p

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW Glad to hear you are still alive!!!!

Been gone for a few months and not the results I expected to return to.

You look great, even the new zippers look well done.

Read a few pages back to catch up. So sorry you had an accident but glad you will be able to recover!

The short memory loss after a trauma is common.
Don't spend too much time worrying about it.

Very glad you are still with us!

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats. No place is like home. I believe you will make a quicker recovery now that you are at home. Just being able to sleep will greatly help.

I was thinking about you and your situation the other day and The interaction with the nursing student. I am convinced that you will be a better doctor because of this experience.

God Bless

I agree 100%. My wife is an LPN and one day in her shoes and I would not only quit but probably never walk into another hospital in my life. She has worked for over 20 years in Nursing Homes and to me their is no truer meaning of selflessness. In our early days there were times when we could hardly put food on the table but she would come home with things that she had picked up from the store like a softer pillow for one of her residents or a warmer afghan because they complained of being cold.

This world truly is about the kindness you give. I just hope people realize that before their time is up. God Bless.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there friends,

So today I had my first adventure and a friend that I work with she suggested we go see the new movie frozen 2. Must commend her for well moving my crippled self to point A and B, but was nice to be out of the house also.

I won’t give spoilers but it was a great movie and loved it. Now that I have ahhh learned how to use the brakes those things get going pretty quick fast lol and the only bumper is myself sooo yeah lol. We tried to just sit like where the floor chairs are but my neck doesn’t go back that far. So she carried me to a higher seat, which worked out great. I had to admit I was kinda scared that she would have dropped me, but another random person helped to make sure that didn’t happen. But could you imagine being at the top of the theatre and just unlocking the wheel brakes lol), ( the one we have there no stairs it’s just 30-35 degree angle). One would go right through the back of the movie theatre.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there friends,

So today I had my first adventure and a friend that I work with she suggested we go see the new movie frozen 2. Must commend her for well moving my crippled self to point A and B, but was nice to be out of the house also.

I won’t give spoilers but it was a great movie and loved it. Now that I have ahhh learned how to use the brakes those things get going pretty quick fast lol and the only bumper is myself sooo yeah lol. We tried to just sit like where the floor chairs are but my neck doesn’t go back that far. So she carried me to a higher seat, which worked out great. I had to admit I was kinda scared that she would have dropped me, but another random person helped to make sure that didn’t happen. But could you imagine being at the top of the theatre and just unlocking the wheel brakes lol), ( the one we have there no stairs it’s just 30-35 degree angle). One would go right through the back of the movie theatre.
Glad you had a fun night out on the town! That’s great to hear!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you had a fun night out on the town! That’s great to hear!

Hey there,

It was nice to get out of the house and just not have home care or parents etc always there. (i don’t mean this in a bad way), but just a nice change. We went to the noon showing (since ((this sounds sooo bad)) because most were still in church and even then we had fairly long lines. We also had to worry about seating but that worked out good. But I think we left like at 11, was there by 1120, and waited in line maybe 25 min. But I was home close to 245 and completely exhausted. I wanted a pic of us etc but in the moment i left my
Phone home. (Which doesn’t matter I know my parents number and they know hers). But even with me bundled up and a blanket we brought I froze. They definitely had it cold in there.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

It was nice to get out of the house and just not have home care or parents etc always there. (i don’t mean this in a bad way), but just a nice change. We went to the noon showing (since ((this sounds sooo bad)) because most were still in church and even then we had fairly long lines. We also had to worry about seating but that worked out good. But I think we left like at 11, was there by 1120, and waited in line maybe 25 min. But I was home close to 245 and completely exhausted. I wanted a pic of us etc but in the moment i left my
Phone home. (Which doesn’t matter I know my parents number and they know hers). But even with me bundled up and a blanket we brought I froze. They definitely had it cold in there.

Hey, I’ve come across your posts in the past but just now read what happened. Had a bad rollover myself a few years back, NYC corrections officer high on pills cut across 2 lanes and PIT’d me @ highway speeds. My truck was flat, front passenger was in the back seat, rear passenger was ejected. No fractures or obvious major trauma, but I’m still not quite back as far as memory and my mood can still be labile at times. This was during my M.S. year, the top 1/2 of the M.S. class was offered a D.O. spot. That was the first time I ever really had to study, usually just remembered things on the first go mostly. Don’t give up, have you talked to your DIO abt applying for FMLA or something. (Sorry if you posted that already and I missed it). Let us know if you need anything, good luck w your recovery!

-Max

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I’ve come across your posts in the past but just now read what happened. Had a bad rollover myself a few years back, NYC corrections officer high on pills cut across 2 lanes and PIT’d me @ highway speeds. My truck was flat, front passenger was in the back seat, rear passenger was ejected. No fractures or obvious major trauma, but I’m still not quite back as far as memory and my mood can still be labile at times. This was during my M.S. year, the top 1/2 of the M.S. class was offered a D.O. spot. That was the first time I ever really had to study, usually just remembered things on the first go mostly. Don’t give up, have you talked to your DIO abt applying for FMLA or something. (Sorry if you posted that already and I missed it). Let us know if you need anything, good luck w your recovery!

-Max

Hey there,

Ahh yeah it’s not fun as you have experienced and I’m glad you made it through okay. I can’t lie this is much harder than anything I have come across and or experienced in my life. The home assistant is odd to me or awarkward more like because I’m such a quiet shy person. Having random people (well now it’s set schedule but even then they call in sick etc), then you have some other person roaming your home. Physical therapy well as a professional it’s great and definitely encourage it and it’s the difference. On the same hand being the person on both spectrums kinda sucks. I know I have to do it, but this has really made me think, do these people really understand the issues and pain at hand? It has definitely given me a whole new perspective when people say I don’t wanna do physical rehab today because it hurts too bad. In terms of fmla I will come across that once I burn all of my sick, vacation and comp or aka overtime. From working with hr, I have a good 10-11 months of pay. Once I can move better I will get the paper work done to hopefully take effect once I run out of paid time. As others have said don’t fill it out quiet yet because I won’t get the full pay, (not like I absolutely need it but nice to have). But yes I have to think long term, and this will be a struggle to be back to normal or some what normal in a year.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

Ahh yeah it’s not fun as you have experienced and I’m glad you made it through okay. I can’t lie this is much harder than anything I have come across and or experienced in my life. The home assistant is odd to me or awarkward more like because I’m such a quiet shy person. Having random people (well now it’s set schedule but even then they call in sick etc), then you have some other person roaming your home. Physical therapy well as a professional it’s great and definitely encourage it and it’s the difference. On the same hand being the person on both spectrums kinda sucks. I know I have to do it, but this has really made me think, do these people really understand the issues and pain at hand? It has definitely given me a whole new perspective when people say I don’t wanna do physical rehab today because it hurts too bad. In terms of fmla I will come across that once I burn all of my sick, vacation and comp or aka overtime. From working with hr, I have a good 10-11 months of pay. Once I can move better I will get the paper work done to hopefully take effect once I run out of paid time. As others have said don’t fill it out quiet yet because I won’t get the full pay, (not like I absolutely need it but nice to have). But yes I have to think long term, and this will be a struggle to be back to normal or some what normal in a year.

Ok good, I’m sure you’ll feel much better in a year but normal? I don’t think anyone on here is normal. I spent 3+ hrs today changing water, scrubbing frags, mending planktons, etc but my house is a mess, car is a mess, finances are a mess lol. I’m sure my neighbors think I’m growing some sticky icky w all the strange blue lights from my tanks everywhere. TBH, if the police were to come they can take the drugs but if anyone messes w the polyps it’ll make Waco look like a pillow fight. PS hopefully u can afford to hire a service to care for your tank, little things like that will mean the world.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good, I’m sure you’ll feel much better in a year but normal? I don’t think anyone on here is normal. I spent 3+ hrs today changing water, scrubbing frags, mending planktons, etc but my house is a mess, car is a mess, finances are a mess lol. I’m sure my neighbors think I’m growing some sticky icky w all the strange blue lights from my tanks everywhere. TBH, if the police were to come they can take the drugs but if anyone messes w the polyps it’ll make Waco look like a pillow fight. PS hopefully u can afford to hire a service to care for your tank, little things like that will mean the world.

Hello,

Lol duly noted but have you beat. Since I live in Idaho and most of the time (I say this with respect of law enforcement and they are amazing), but nothing much happens in Boise. But at my old house my neighbors called the police on me for having blue lights. They were positive I was a drug lord growing marijuana etc. after the third time they gave up. But the first time I just had them come in and it was pretty funny. My new neighbor seems to be very quiet and low key, that’s a huge positive for me.

I don’t think anyone is normal but I do wanna get back to where I was prior. Not sure how that works exactly yet, but (depends mostly how well I heal), still have to figure out my residency and talk to the board, that should be a hoot. I will be okay if they make me redo second year, but starting over would be a huge let down.

The lfs and I have always been on a friendship basis. They are taking care of it now and I can’t really complain they are doing it for free. While I was in the hospital, they had to figure the routine out. But unlike most of the tanks they manage, my alkalinity and other parameters change daily. So it’s a lot more testing etc, and it was different for them. I was told my tank was extremely complex, but extremely easy. I still don’t lol know what they mean by that. Noting everything is manual on my tank, means it’s pretty simple, but testing and having mixed reef and not knowing how the tank normally does was a lot more complex than they have seen. They did say that, I should probably only test alkalinity and calcium and leave the rest alone. Maybe it’s good advice lol. The tank is not use to weekly water changes, and lfs still doser the nopox but much less. So they couldn’t figure why nitrates kept going up. When I came home I suggested they stop the water changes each week, and dose the 25ml, and sure enough it went right back to normal. Still can’t believe I have addicted my tank to drugs, that looks amazing on a resume, “what have you accomplished in life?” Well I have officially addicted corals and fish to drugs. Hmmmm Next person please, move along next person.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

As I promised to keep posting :) sorry I have been kinda exhausted and yesterday I did a whole lot of well nothing except stay warm under a heated blanket. As much as I know this and others lol that getting back up and working is good, sometimes one must listen to their body and mine absolutely said it was gonna make my life miserable and drag me behind a garbage truck. So with that I stayed in bed slept and watched movies. However I did do my one daily up and down the stairs, still have help though for both sides.

A8C31647-6DC9-4CA8-82B0-DF65E0F88179.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back