Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything really looks nice! Glad the tank is doing well and you can enjoy it while home recovering.

I can't imagine keeping anything but a mixed reef. I have had pretty good luck with it in the past. This was my old 75 gallon. Just ran carbon and there was a 30-gallon remote refugium on it also.

Reef-05-07-05.jpg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a mixed reef as mine are, be sure to run Chemipure Blue as some softies release toxins that stress SPS

Hello,

I have not ran the chemiblue but I do run active carbon bags in my sump in the first chamber. I switch it out every 6 months. Have you had any experience with sea slugs?

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see you both smiling and standing on your own ! And your outfit, miss Snazzy !!! Anyone agree on nice outfit??

I dont think that scarf matches;)

Hello,

Been a tad since I have updated my tank. We cleaned the glass and removed some of the gha. Definitely thinking about an urchin or sea slug. All corals seem to be doing good and growing which is a good sign. But had lots of alage on the glass and even growing on my turbo snails. Good grief. Here are some pics from today and it’s finally starting to look like my old tank, but has always to go.

it’s been a weird winter here and one minute it’s super cold and snow, then 55 degrees. Today (well most of the week, it’s been raining etc).
@vetteguy53081 lol yeah you want pics of me walking where I trip over myself, and can’t even do a straight line, (I probably drool also lol) . Yeah lol that’s a noooo.

@Brew12 lol yes I do have boots, no snow here in the valley but, Idaho city which is maybe 25 min from here, has close to four feet. I wouldn’t need boots I’d need a shovel and snow blower. I have seen that movie and it’s just hilarious. I should find it and watch it again soon.

@Katrina71lol yes sandals would be nice, and I will think about possibly shorts lol. I like some cloths shopping, but large crowds make me have severe anxiety. I have some nice sandals from dansko. Wanna try some from Saint Laurent but they are crazy expensive.

@Fin you know I’m a looney tunes geek, I can definitely sing kill the wabbit kill the wabbit.

oops here are the pics they are with just my normal lights. Whites at 33% and blues at 100%. I have no clue how to do pic apps so they are just standard iPhone pics. Much much better looking in person than through my phone.

407AED87-DC23-48EA-8F2D-E658DCB5D844.jpeg 85A29479-2470-459D-AB4C-9A2954C9D86D.jpeg CD079A4C-3221-4D80-921F-0189FB9C5799.jpeg 02D8CE3D-2523-44F2-A7AE-51A5A19A42B5.jpeg 6FB9AB13-8014-46E3-863B-EDCED2E07DDF.jpeg

That's not even fair. Your tank looks that good with your injuries. I need me some better people lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

I have not ran the chemiblue but I do run active carbon bags in my sump in the first chamber. I switch it out every 6 months. Have you had any experience with sea slugs?
purple and lettuce slugs - yes.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've been curious myself. I'm currently looking at a dolabella to help me out. I'm falling behind on maintenance & have gha starting to sprout up. I'm 3m out from decent use of my arm.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah, your tank looks amazing for even if you were not dealing with injuries! You are teaching your local fish store employees well!

I would get 3 or 4 short spine sea urchins or 2 long spine sea urchins. I think they add to a tank. You just need to be careful around them.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow holy posts lol, I would have responded but some reason my alerts didn’t ahhh register. Yes lol I can’t drink because I’m allergic, and to this day I have no idea why but I kinda implode. Now I’m definitely addicted to milk lol. Not to mention (sheepishly), never had a Shirley temple and no idea what it is actually).

To those new to my thread yay glad you are here. Hope to heck I don’t ummm bore you to death and well my thread just about covers most things in life lol. So feel free to vent when ever needed :) I’d say each one but there was so many this time. Lol in short I’m Sarah, and this is about my tank and god knows everything else lol. I’m quiet, shy, and part terminator (beware), but I’m not an assassin lol or what ever those things are.

Some new things lol I slipped and fell down my stairs hurting my broken knee, that was super painful, and they had to do xrays to see any new damage, and I don’t know yet. But I have to use the walker full time and can barely bend it. In terms how it feels, I don’t think I broke anything again (that’s good), but being safe. I always use my leg brace so that probably saved me, but wow hurts.

Now lol I have had a gha problem that’s driving me nuts. My nitrates and phosphates literally do not show up. Which since there is gha, it’s giving my false readings and I’m still dosing the 30ml nopox to bring it down. I do feed extra, and some reef roids to not starve the coral. Now I wanted to get rid of the gha and soo I bought a hand full of snot. Aka sea hare. I had to actually have the lfs guy put it in. Now I have had some awful feeling things that most cringe. But as soon as I touched i almost threw up, and it gave me the heebee jeebees. I’m also adding a colored urchin as well. I was told once the gha is gone, when you see the sea hare on a rock, just grab it and bring it back since they will starve and if they die they crash the tank. So for those who have had or have a sea hare, some good info would help since the lfs really didn’t provide me with an answer. Here shortly will add the colored short spine urchin. I’m hoping that these will knock the alage down, and I need to really boost my cuc.

Another item is they order me another Naso tang, it’s kinda medium to small, so worried my stupid clown fish will mess with it. My purple tang is a scaredy cat and my other two tangs (hippo, and tommini are super gentle.) so we shall see, but I’m also enticed about getting the cheveron tang. It would add nice color, don’t think I’d have issues. But they have super expensive (190), but he is an adult and about 4-5 inches. So pretty large size. Any suggestions.

Back