Urinal Cake Holder Anemone Guard???

Atoll on me

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2024
Messages
107
Reaction score
69
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking down and struck by inspiration!

I have not done this and very likely will not, but has anyone ever seen a urinal cake holder and thought it could make a good anemone guard?

I think a few cuts from a scissors and some super glue and this would nicely fit around a wavemaker. I also believe someone with even sub-par social skills could find a way to ask a bartender for a fresh one very cheap or at no cost. I don't know, maybe I'm still not at 100% after a few to many Halloween drinks.

1730484826977.png
1730484874008.png
 
I mean if you want your tank to remind you of a urinal then by all means…

Anemone guards are less than 20$ and custom fit to the wavemaker.
 
Oh!
 
Two urine related threads in one day...I think it's time to quit the internet

But something 3d printed would probably be the better route to go. The plastics in those likely aren't made to come into contact with living things.
 
I was looking down and struck by inspiration!

I have not done this and very likely will not, but has anyone ever seen a urinal cake holder and thought it could make a good anemone guard?

I think a few cuts from a scissors and some super glue and this would nicely fit around a wavemaker. I also believe someone with even sub-par social skills could find a way to ask a bartender for a fresh one very cheap or at no cost. I don't know, maybe I'm still not at 100% after a few to many Halloween drinks.

1730484826977.png
1730484874008.png
OR you could use black nylon stocking and a rubber band, just rinse it out every so often
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new