Using 2 Neptune apex controllers together

mameroo2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
I do have Neptune apex classic with ph,orp probe and I need to add extra ph probe for calcium reactor, since im using my ORP for ozone & all my outlets on eb8 in use I'll need to buy addition eb8 plus pm1/PH probe.
So instead purchasing all this equipments I was wondering if I can purchase new Neptune apex el and use both controller's together as one system. Thanks in advance

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot connect two Apex units together. It's best to just add additional EB's or other modules to your existing Apex to expand it. If you choose to buy the Apex EL, you'll need to manage it as a separate system.

OP
OP
mameroo2000

mameroo2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot connect two Apex units together. It's best to just add additional EB's or other modules to your existing Apex to expand it. If you choose to buy the Apex EL, you'll need to manage it as a separate system.
Thank you. that was nice and easy answer. So if I choose to purchase apex el the best way to make it happen is use both controller's as a separate system without connecting them to each other through aquabus cabel.
I think I can live with that.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upside is some money saved, the downside is that you cannot control devices based on inputs coming from the other controller. If your plans for additional automation grow you could end up buying more modules and EBs.
If you have no plans of going further then separate controllers is a good solution.

OP
OP
mameroo2000

mameroo2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upside is some money saved, the downside is that you cannot control devices based on inputs coming from the other controller. If your plans for additional automation grow you could end up buying more modules and EBs.
If you have no plans of going further then separate controllers is a good solution.
I do have few modules form Neptune and I'm sure I'll expending my setup even more, just was thinking to hit 2 birds in one stone since I'm planning on getting the Neptune trident in the future.

OP
OP
mameroo2000

mameroo2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading somewhere on the web
You can controller 2 apex with breakout box by sending signals o/I . Do anyone have information about it. That would be great

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back