Using old sand

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigcapct
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bigcapct

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
1,240
Reaction score
11
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm taking down my 120g. Has 140 pounds of live sand. I'm setting up a nuvo 30. Would it be dumb to use the sand from my 120g in the nuvo?
 
You can reuse it but I'd rinse thoroughly first. I've read that some have reused it straight from another tank but I think there's usually too much "stuff" in it.
 
Yea I'll rinse some out. Hate to have to waste all this sand and go buy more
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new