UV Mounting Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter tREEFarm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tREEFarm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2021
Messages
166
Reaction score
165
Location
Midwest
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just picked up a Pentair SMART HO 150w UV - I've read the manual and understand how to mount the UV.

My question is: can the base of the UV unit rest on the floor if mounted vertically?

The manual doesn't explicitly state that it cannot rest on the ground. But this is a large unit and I don't want want to make a silly mistake.

I've seen pics of smaller units that appear to rest on the ground and are secured to the stand/wall. But I haven't seen any this large set up in that manner.

Thanks in advance!
 
If the manual says it can be mounted vertically, I don't think it matters what it rests on.

I can't speak for Pentair, although lifegard aquatics has no restrictions on mounting

Good choice on going for a decent UV though! I feel they are very effective providing you use them from the get go. I no longer QT, but my UV is overrated. I'd argue that Pentair and lifegard aquatics are the 2 best brands on the markets for UV and parasite control on fish
 
If the manual says it can be mounted vertically, I don't think it matters what it rests on.

I can't speak for Pentair, although lifegard aquatics has no restrictions on mounting

Good choice on going for a decent UV though! I feel they are very effective providing you use them from the get go. I no longer QT, but my UV is overrated. I'd argue that Pentair and lifegard aquatics are the 2 best brands on the markets for UV and parasite control on fish

Appreciate the response! I think I'm okay to just rest it on the ground and secure it, but wanted to get more opinions before I plumb it up.

This is the what the manual says:

1737902873784.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new