UV pipe clamps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm wondering if BRS sells, or could tell me what kind of pipe clamps (Orange ones the guys are pointing at) you are using in the recent UV Sterilizer live video? I could have missed it, though I didn't hear anything mentioned about them in the video, and let's be honest, this might be one of the most groundbreaking easter eggs hidden within this video!!! Seems like the best way to mount the UV and I was hoping to pick some up. Appears to be some sort of quick release 3.5" pipe clamp, coupling or collar, but my keyword google search skills are not finding me anything.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 12.02.58 PM.png

Thank you!

-Eric

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our R&D guy, Ron, actually 3D printed them as a way to get the UV sterilizer mounted to the tanks in a nice, video friendly way. He's actually working on a couple of design tweaks, then might be submitting them to our product team for review. They certainly work well as-is, so I'm excited to see the final product :)

OP
OP
ESH

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! They kind of remind me of automotive, billet aluminum style clamps for exhaust pipes and on turbo charged cars the intercooler pipe clamps. I searched through those parts and couldn't find anything specific that seemed to fit the bill or matched those exactly but I wonder if thats where he got the idea from. I really haven't found off the shelf PVC pipe holders at hardware stores and often have to get creative on mounting things. Your guy took creativity to a whole nother level!

I hope that the parts either get posted online for others to print themselves or it becomes something you decide to sell! Thanks again for the reply!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could be scaled:

or this

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3606564 (you could need a screw hole)

phxChris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my clamp from BRS. It was in there plumbing section.
92E6C371-44C6-4FC5-9E62-C641132CE457.jpeg

Do you know what size clamp you got your UV sterilizer? The document shows that it is a 3.5" pipe but BRS doesn't seem to have that size available.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

OP
OP
ESH

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need beta testers for the proto type let me know! Or if you are ready to sell that too!

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! They kind of remind me of automotive, billet aluminum style clamps for exhaust pipes and on turbo charged cars the intercooler pipe clamps. I searched through those parts and couldn't find anything specific that seemed to fit the bill or matched those exactly but I wonder if thats where he got the idea from. I really haven't found off the shelf PVC pipe holders at hardware stores and often have to get creative on mounting things. Your guy took creativity to a whole nother level!

I hope that the parts either get posted online for others to print themselves or it becomes something you decide to sell! Thanks again for the reply!
[/QUOTEvvmmmmmmlkpp

dd[koxxxxqmmmmlljmmmm

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what size clamp you got your UV sterilizer? The document shows that it is a 3.5" pipe but BRS doesn't seem to have that size available.
Sorry for the late response. I got the 3”. It fits the pipe of the 40w UV just fine.. not cheap.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back