UV plumbing help

desert_reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently gathering everything needed for my new tank build. Looking at getting the Lifeguard Pro Max UV sterilizer. I want to hard plumb into my return. Question is how can I reduce down the 2” outlet to a 3/4” return line? Please dummy this down for me if possible lol. I’ve attached the unit just in case. Thank you!

UV Sterilizer
 
Currently gathering everything needed for my new tank build. Looking at getting the Lifeguard Pro Max UV sterilizer. I want to hard plumb into my return. Question is how can I reduce down the 2” outlet to a 3/4” return line? Please dummy this down for me if possible lol. I’ve attached the unit just in case. Thank you!

UV Sterilizer
Homedepot for your regular 40
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20241107_203400_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241107_203400_Chrome.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20241107_203355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241107_203355_Chrome.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 53
You do not want 3/4” returns as your main pipe. At least 1.5” split into two 3/4”. Is this custom tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new