Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a UV sterilizer that will work for a biocube 16? I have been using the coralife one and it’s a piece of ****. The one on my 32 gallon works fine. This one keeps blowing bulbs or just not lighting period. Coralife even sent me a new bulb and nothing.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a UV sterilizer that will work for a biocube 16? I have been using the coralife one and it’s a piece of ****. The one on my 32 gallon works fine. This one keeps blowing bulbs or just not lighting period. Coralife even sent me a new bulb and nothing.
There is the green killing machine 3 watt submersible. Not sure on physical size though and how much it would detract from your cube, about all I know of out there.... I wouldn't personally go above 3 watt on a 16, and I do swear by UV units.... anything more wattage I think its way too strong.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is the green killing machine 3 watt submersible. Not sure on physical size though and how much it would detract from your cube, about all I know of out there.... I wouldn't personally go above 3 watt on a 16, and I do swear by UV units.... anything more wattage I think its way too strong.
Does it not run in line with the pump?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my coralife one running btw. Apparently you just need to insult its parentage and then flip it the bird. And by that I mean unplug and replug it in about 30 times.
As for the GKM ones linked btw....that company used to have issues with antimony leaching into tanks from bad impellers. Apparently they have now rectified the issue, based on recent reviews I've seen

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the GKM ones linked btw....that company used to have issues with antimony leaching into tanks from bad impellers. Apparently they have now rectified the issue, based on recent reviews I've seen
Not sure if I trust that then. As bad as the coralife ones are I know they aren’t going to harm anything even if they go out

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back