Uv sterilizer in quarantine

NeedAReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Messages
584
Reaction score
567
Location
Mesa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone runs a uv sterilizer in their quarantine tank? Clearly you turn it off if dosing some meds but if your specimens don't need dosing or you do not dose or my statement was wrong....does anyone run one in theirs? If so which one and why that one?
 
I plan to run a UV with mine.

As for which brand; Aqua Ultraviolet. From what I have seen they are well respected and liked by the community. Not very expensive and have a selection that I can find maybe a small one to test on a tank and see if I like them or not.

I know that wasn't the professional response you were looking for but, also as a new member, thought I'd share what I found so far. ;)

~ Gee
 
I’m a big believer in them for quarantine. I personally use diatom filters in QT because they remove everything as small as bacteria, but won’t remove medications. I believe UV and diatom filter help prevent bacterial infections.
 
I plan to run a UV with mine.

As for which brand; Aqua Ultraviolet. From what I have seen they are well respected and liked by the community. Not very expensive and have a selection that I can find maybe a small one to test on a tank and see if I like them or not.

I know that wasn't the professional response you were looking for but, also as a new member, thought I'd share what I found so far. ;)

~ Gee
thanks and I value all opinions. The beauty in the hobby is there are many styles and a wide variety of tastes, I try to learn something from everyone and pass along what I learn when I can.
 
I’m a big believer in them for quarantine. I personally use diatom filters in QT because they remove everything as small as bacteria, but won’t remove medications. I believe UV and diatom filter help prevent bacterial infections.
a diatom filter? I have heard of this in a pool sense, but not in a reef sense, could you point out one perhaps so i can better target my research please? thanks for the response.
 
a diatom filter? I have heard of this in a pool sense, but not in a reef sense, could you point out one perhaps so i can better target my research please? thanks for the response.
MarineLand Magnum Polishing Internal Canister Filter, For aquariums Up To 97 Gallons, 10.5 IN (ML90770-00) Amazon product ASIN B01C8PH0OI
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new