UV Sterilizer

  • Thread starter Thread starter SandSReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SandSReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Adelaide, South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I have a 1000Ltr (240gal) Reef Tank.

It has medium to heavy stocking.

Just wondering what would be the best UV Sterilizer in your opinion for my tank.

:high5:
 
Why not the AquaUV Classic 40 watt or 57 watt unit? Both are rated above your tank size and should work great. I have the 25 watt unit on my 100 gallon.
 
It all depends on what you want the UV to do. If you want it to kill free floating algae and bacteria only I would go for at least the 57 watt. If you want to kill free floating version of a virus like Ich you'll need at least 80 watt with 114 watt better. Aqua UV is the brand I use and recommend as well. Emperor Aquatics also makes a great unit.
 
Last edited:
Don't forget that a UV system, even a properly sized one, won't get rid of ich in your tank if it is there, it just reduces the free floating version of the virus. Nothing beats a proper QT regimen. I use mine to reduce algae which it does very well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new