UV Sterilizer

Meara

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
Edmonton
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody;

I’m looking for information about UV Sterilizers. I have recently gone through a ich nightmare, (I am in Canada and there is limited medication available it was truly brutal) and I am looking for things that may help me avoid this going forward. I was wondering if anyone has experience using these? I have a lot of questions and I would love to hear any of your thoughts about them.Or if you know of a good website that I might be able to check out I would be thrilled.

How do they work?
Why do they work?
Will they kill my pods?
Will they really kill ich?
Why do they go on the return (after the filter,protein skimmer, refugium) and not before?
Is there any effect on the fish?

Please share your thoughts and experience as I would love to hear them. I am looking forward to any information you can share :)

Thank you
 
Several BRS (Bulk Reef Supply) and Marine Depot videos will answer all of your questions. Plan on watching about an hour to an hour and a half’s worth of videos and you should have all the bases covered— from theory, to installation. Best wishes!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new