varios pump shut off on new skimmer

downset21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My Varios pump shut off for no apparent reason. I checked the float valve first, then I took the pump out and cleaned it out. It worked briefly after I put it all back together and ran it for a few seconds outside of the water. Anything else I should try? The pump is 2 months old.

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Check to make sure the plug is in correctly from transformer.
2) My Varios have a water tight plug from the control box. Make sure that connection is tight.
3) The electric plug from the wall needs to be tight into the transformer. My Varios stopped once because of this.
4) Can you check the voltage coming out of the transformer to rule that part out?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make sure that the propeller and its housing is clean of any debris or buildup. Before installing the impeller make sure the front plate behind the impeller spins smoothly without wobble. If it does not spin smoothly make sure the bushing is fully inserted evenly into the front plate.

OP
OP
downset21

downset21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make sure that the propeller and its housing is clean of any debris or buildup. Before installing the impeller make sure the front plate behind the impeller spins smoothly without wobble. If it does not spin smoothly make sure the bushing is fully inserted evenly into the front plate.

The impeller spins smoothly. The pump is clean. How important is this piece? The pump will run without this silicon piece in. When I put the piece back on, it causes friction and it won’t move.

233604a48521dadff7b9c33f105c9211.jpg
761f3492ae070fb559e5c6fe2136a8ec.jpg

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rear bushing looks to be fixed to the back end of the propeller. Soak the impeller in vinegar till it separates. Clean both parts. Test to make sure the bushing spins freely on the back shaft. If not then repeat the process till the bushing spins freely on the rear shaft. Then push the bushing back into the sleeve and insert into the back of the pump.

Screen Shot on 2018-04-23 at 10_03_15.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back