Varios return pump

Shallow Planet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why my varios return slows flow down to almost no water being pumped but if I power it off and back on its back to normal? Seems to happen after about a week or 2 I notice no flow to display. Power cycle the pump and boom its back to normal flow. Can't figure out what's going on.

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why my varios return slows flow down to almost no water being pumped but if I power it off and back on its back to normal? Seems to happen after about a week or 2 I notice no flow to display. Power cycle the pump and boom its back to normal flow. Can't figure out what's going on.
I have 2 Varios on my tank I just started. I can’t help, and I’m curious what others will say.

May I ask, is it running solo? Using Apex or some other controller?

Do you use the float switch? If so, could it be triggering somehow?

I originally installed mine upside down. So during tuning, it would work till the return chamber emptied, then it would shut off the pump till I cycled it. Eventually realized what I did (just sharing).

And if the pump stops, wouldn’t your sump over flow (or back fill enough to notice?

OP
OP
S

Shallow Planet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And its hard to notice because as it happens the system just slows down the amount of top off being added to the sump. So levels always stay the same.

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And its hard to notice because as it happens the system just slows down the amount of top off being added to the sump. So levels always stay the same.
Forgive me. How do you know it’s slowing down to a trickle? Short of sticking my hands in front of return nozzle, I am not sure I could physically see any a reduction in flow?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 173 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.0%
Back