VCA Random Flow Generator

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here has a Redsea 425 G2? Looking to buy a VCA Random flow generator but not sure which one is needed and also which adapter is needed.

Can someone help me out on which parts are needed?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here has a Redsea 425 G2? Looking to buy a VCA Random flow generator but not sure which one is needed and also which adapter is needed.

Can someone help me out on which parts are needed?
Since that model tank has two outlets - one on each side of the overflow, you'll want to take a look at our pre-configured flow kits with the single RFG

For that tank, the best option is the single 1/2in RFG flow kit. You'll need two of these kits - one for each side.

1/2in Random Flow Generator® Flow Kit – 1/2 Flex-Series RFG
This is the more popular size kit for you tank
1713900521376.png

You'll find this kit option listed on our website here:

but you'll also find them at both Saltwateraquarium.com and Bulk Reef Supply, and possibly at your local fish Store.

Attachments

• 1713900599060.png
    1713900599060.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
B

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so the kit is a plug and play no need to buy any other parts to fit the red sea right? I would have thought that two nozzles would be better for more surface agitation

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so the kit is a plug and play no need to buy any other parts to fit the red sea right? I would have thought that two nozzles would be better for more surface agitation
Correct - basically plug and play

You'll need to remove that short extensions that are in the return line now, and then this kit (using the included 2025-050 Multidapter) will fit right into the stock outlets.

you will need two of these kits - once for each side. However we generally do not recommend dual RFG on each side, simply because of the flow requirements for the dual. Basically you would want to supply a minimum of 650 to 700 GPH to each side, for a total of 1400 GPH after any headloss crated by the plumbing. That would be a larger return pump than most people put on this tank.

With that said, ALL Red Sea reefers (with the exception of the Reefer Nano) all have the same 25mm inlet. So, technically any of our Red Sea Reefer Compatible kits will kit this tank

Last edited:

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now need to find a european shop who sells these!
All of these Pre-configured flow kits are available - a good place to start a search for a European dealer is on our website here:

This is not at all a full list, off resellers, but its the ones we know about., as many of the local shops through out Europe purchase form our Distributors.

if you favor local shop does not have them, they may have access to them through De Jong Marinelife. Ask for it by name - the Random Flow Generator Nozzle by VCA ;-)

OP
OP
B

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! as for placement how is best to position them? pointing towards the left and right of the tank, middle? upwards?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! as for placement how is best to position them? pointing towards the left and right of the tank, middle? upwards?
Its depend on what you need - some people will point them out toward the upper middle of the front corners of even more forward, to help with flow throughout the tank, while others will point them more towards the back corners, to help with those dead spots.

Regardless of how you point them - here's a quick start guide to help you get the most out of the RFGs

1713976153409.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 117 81.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.2%
Back