Velvet or Brooklynella?

Alex C

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2019
Messages
71
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clowns which were purchased from the LFS about a month ago. All has been well until last night they developed many fuzzy white spots. The other fish in the tank, a couple of Chromis and some fire fish show no signs. Could this be brook?

F1B0204D-AE28-46E1-98F5-34B10E40BD63.jpeg FEFEF77A-C88F-4302-9D09-E9347546197E.jpeg CB244CDE-C637-4723-B95A-042D0F5B6990.jpeg
 
Looks like brooklynella. I would treat ASAP
 
I have a pair of clowns which were purchased from the LFS about a month ago. All has been well until last night they developed many fuzzy white spots. The other fish in the tank, a couple of Chromis and some fire fish show no signs. Could this be brook?

F1B0204D-AE28-46E1-98F5-34B10E40BD63.jpeg FEFEF77A-C88F-4302-9D09-E9347546197E.jpeg CB244CDE-C637-4723-B95A-042D0F5B6990.jpeg
Was it brooklynella or just a weird mucus case?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new