Velvet?

maxwell50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have question about velvet. I found my yellow tang laying ins and and I thought it was dead but it started breathing so I put it in QT. Later I found my clownfish dead. I panicked and moved all fish to QT. I never saw any dots or dust on fish so can velvet be with no visible symptoms? Maybe I caught it in early stage? I only added conch that was from LFS that had fish on same system.

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very possible your new conch was a carrier of velvet. Especially every one was doing good. I’m a big believer if you put anything that is wet in a tank can introduce something. Velvet is deadly stuff.

OP
OP
maxwell50

maxwell50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very possible your new conch was a carrier of velvet. Especially every one was doing good. I’m a big believer if you put anything that is wet in a tank can introduce something. Velvet is deadly stuff.
You ever had velvet? No visible sign of dots

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some fish it’s hard to see on they scales. More like power dust. A blue light might show it on some fish. Watch for cloudy eye And rapid breathing. It’s spreads fast and hard. Yes, I had it and lost like 4 fish in 2 days.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back