Vermetid Snail Predator?

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across a thread here on R2R that talked about the possibility of fenbendazole being effective against vermetid snails.

AND? I would love to hear a solution. I hate these guys so much. Once you have them there is no stopping them no matter how much you try. They will live in your plumbing, overflows, under rocks you can't get too, it stinks....

themadman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AND? I would love to hear a solution. I hate these guys so much. Once you have them there is no stopping them no matter how much you try. They will live in your plumbing, overflows, under rocks you can't get too, it stinks....

Yeah it would be nice if there was something reef safe that could wipe these guys out that is for sure! I can't see starving my tank every time I want to only reduce the population and then as soon as feed again they would come right back!

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it would be nice if there was something reef safe that could wipe these guys out that is for sure! I can't see starving my tank every time I want to only reduce the population and then as soon as feed again they would come right back!

The only way i handle it is every night go in with a blue flash light and knock them off. I do that with asternia star fish too. Every night to keep things in check

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There must be something on the reef that eats them.......:D

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 4 of my tanks have them. Well 2 of them they have greatly decreased over past 6 months. They were growing all over my Zoa’s stalks and all. I thought it would never end. Good news is I’ve done Nothing to treat them other then scraping glass daily and it seems like they just increasingly become less and less of a problem. Crazy but I won’t complain. Hated those lil B******.

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s crazy I said that... I have a flame in both tanks that they just seemed to “go away”. Perhaps ur on to something. Good show

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant crazy “You say”. Never put those two together... looks like all tanks will have a mandatory flame now. That’s crazy. Never heard that before, but to me makes perfect sense.

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure but I think my Melanurus Wrasse was eating them. The moment it died, I started seeing more and more of them. I'm pretty sure I didn't add them by accident since I haven't added any corals in ages. I've also heard that Melanurus wrasse is pretty good at taking care of little critters like that, that's why I got one just in case. Really sucks that it died :/ I went out of town for a week and I guess my sister did not feed them well enough

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mantis shrimp will but then you'll have to get the mantis out thereafter.
melanuarus wrasse and 6 line wrasse should also eat them. They are enemies to stony coral and steal calcium from water .

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have them all over my tank. Neither my flame nor melanurus touch them.

rosshamsandwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mantis shrimp will but then you'll have to get the mantis out thereafter.
melanuarus wrasse and 6 line wrasse should also eat them. They are enemies to stony coral and steal calcium from water .
mortal enemies since the beginning of time

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back