vermetid snails?

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello .. can you please ID whats on my mushroom frag plug .. is it vermetid snails or tube worm
20210710_132634.jpg
20210710_132646.jpg

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dab superglue on them and it usually gets rid of them. Bumble bee snails will take care of the rest if you have more in your tank. I only ever see them in my sump now.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dab superglue on them and it usually gets rid of them. Bumble bee snails will take care of the rest if you have more in your tank. I only ever see them in my sump now.
I have them in my tank. When I first saw one a LFS guy told me it was a tube worm, “just a tiny feather duster”. Now I’m on the war path. A dental pick to pierce them/crush the shell and my cleaner shrimp takes care of the remains. I also have bumble bee snails that appear to be working in the most infested areas diligently. But they have only been in the tank for a couple days. Reefcleaners.org has them in stock for a very fair price. But because of shipping I went ahead and bought the big Rollie Pollie looking pods, a couple marginellas and a couple Cerriths. John always hooks it up. His stuff arrives alive.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid snails. Get some bumblebee snails. They will attack and eat the small ones in your tank

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them in my tank. When I first saw one a LFS guy told me it was a tube worm, “just a tiny feather duster”. Now I’m on the war path. A dental pick to pierce them/crush the shell and my cleaner shrimp takes care of the remains. I also have bumble bee snails that appear to be working in the most infested areas diligently. But they have only been in the tank for a couple days. Reefcleaners.org has them in stock for a very fair price. But because of shipping I went ahead and bought the big Rollie Pollie looking pods, a couple marginellas and a couple Cerriths. John always hooks it up. His stuff arrives alive.
+1 on John at ReefCleaners. I hate vermetids. One came in as a hitch hiker on some coral and newbie-I didn't know what it was. Constantly managing them is now part of my life. Ugh.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back