Versa Pump leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this pump and was trying to calibrate and test it out but its leaking from the quick connects. It won't seal on both sides. Seems others are having this issue as well. How do I go about fixing this?

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at this thread:

But basically is a know issue by Ecotech, just place a ticket on their web page or give them a call. They will send you new fittings that will fix your issue.

scubaX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same boat, just found that the provided fittings doesn't seal properly .

big disappointment .

OP
OP
S

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you open a ticket in their support page, they'll take care of you by sending a replacement tubing set. In the meantime, you can try getting the o-rings off a john guest fitting and either replacing the o-rings on the versa tubing or adding the o-rings. If you add the o-rings (2 o-rings on each fitting), it'll be difficult to pop the tubing back out but it won't leak. At least that's what fixed my leak.

lazyreefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the exact same problem. I bought 2 on Monday and try to set these up today and the seals are not holding leading to leaks tubes not being able to pump or hold water on the tubes. Sucks that this is occurring on both units that I bought :(. Hopefully I’ll get a reply to ticket I opened and get replacements soon.

cyber_ecco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of ordering these pumps. Have all the bugs been worked out? Been reading about this leak issue and some people complaining it back siphons. Are these issues related and fixed? Thanks.

cyber_ecco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m surprised to see this still being an issue. I thought this was only the first and second batch.

I'm not sure if its an issue or not still. Just want to be sure there are no issues with these still before I purchase.

badfishaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, the problem was a batch of faulty tube assemblies (VX102)

Seams a lot of folks got the bad ones from Marine Depot, am guessing they got some of the early shipments from Ecotech before they corrected the issue in manufacturing. Left seals were different than the replacement part. When I spoke to the Ecotech rep he refused to acknowledge it being a known issue, but was able to comment that replacing this part has resolved the issue for other cases lol. Since replacing this part - the pump has been performing very well.

faulty_vx102_assembly.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back