Vertical clearance for ResSea Reef Matt

trvrstnk4837

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2022
Messages
146
Reaction score
147
Location
Levittown PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon tank with about 40 gallons of water in my sump so I’d really prefer to get 1200 but the 500 isn’t off the table if there will be a clearance issue

I have exactly 24” from the floor of my sump to the bottom of my display tank and I noticed on the 1200’s box it’s says it’s 18.X” tall but I don’t think that includes the mounting legs and I think I’ll need some space above the unit to swing some of the pieces up to change rolls

I will most likely put together an email to send to Red Sea about it, but still wondering if any of you guys can’t shed some light

thanks
 
I’m not using the legs. It’s hanging on the sump. Not sure this really helps.

42EB1660-DDAF-4524-8094-F367BB4857A5.jpeg
 
I’m not using the legs. It’s hanging on the sump. Not sure this really helps.

42EB1660-DDAF-4524-8094-F367BB4857A5.jpeg

I appreciate it man, looks like if the legs give the same exact height then it won’t quite fit

I did sent them an email(couldn’t manage to reach them by phone) so we’ll see
 
Depends on how you want to work it. If you wanted to make it work you could cut the legs so that it is resting on the media basket and legs. That would lower it 2-3" from where I have it. You could also cut the top off the red handle and that would get you another 2-3". It might just make it, but you now have a permanent altered ReefMat.
 
Depends on how you want to work it. If you wanted to make it work you could cut the legs so that it is resting on the media basket and legs. That would lower it 2-3" from where I have it. You could also cut the top off the red handle and that would get you another 2-3". It might just make it, but you now have a permanent altered ReefMat.

Turns out it fits…… changing the roll will be mildly frustrating but I can’t unclip the upper portion that holds the rolls and move it to the side

maybe when it’s time to change the first roll I’ll get the sump back out again and shorten the feet up

thanks again
546CC005-8AA1-4890-9FB3-43BE7059DE92.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new