Very active 5 year Reef hobbyist from west Chicago suburb, read below to see what I can offer!

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome. Nice introduction of yourself. Now all we need is pics!

Dvanlier05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Looking forward to learn and help out around the forum. Really looking to connect with some reefers around the west suburbs of Chicago and Milwaukee area. Im in my early 20's an really want to help younger people and individuals of my age to get into this art. I get around a lot between Chicago area, Milwaukee, and even Cali where I have family. I collect a lot of coral, mostly sticks and various chalice, acans, and shrooms. My style of reefing is large refugium, minimal water changes, and dosing. I have a redsea 350, redsea 170, and a larger rubermade frag system. I like to keep it as natural and automatic as possible. My favorite thing to do, and my style of reefing you could say, consists of collecting unique corals and their color variants and grouping them together in my display to illustrate a stark contrast in color but a cool familiar texture and structure. I like to keep a mixed reef and I really enjoy stocking with wrasses. Like I said earlier I collect a lot, buy a lot, and trade a lot of coral. If your looking for certain piece or something to fill a whole in your display let me know. I always have extra and I'd love to help you get that easy and cheap if you're in the area. Ive got lost of equipment old and new and I'm quite adept in the freshwater sense if anyone interested in that too, I do a mean planted beta bowl lol. I've battle a lot of pest in my time and set up, torn down, and moved 5 salt water systmes not all my own. I'm into conservation and I believe heavily in aquaculture and people keeping and growing coral to spread some awareness and keep these strains healthy, alive, and stronger then ever. Peace,

Don't be a stranger and see y'all on the forums - Reefs Cubed
Welcome. Nice to have another from Illinois, Lake Zurich for myself. I'm a stick head too. Post some pics of the tanks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Selling corals too? Myself and Crabs McJones north of milwaukee

welcome52.jpg

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Looking forward to learn and help out around the forum. Really looking to connect with some reefers around the west suburbs of Chicago and Milwaukee area. Im in my early 20's an really want to help younger people and individuals of my age to get into this art. I get around a lot between Chicago area, Milwaukee, and even Cali where I have family. I collect a lot of coral, mostly sticks and various chalice, acans, and shrooms. My style of reefing is large refugium, minimal water changes, and dosing. I have a redsea 350, redsea 170, and a larger rubermade frag system. I like to keep it as natural and automatic as possible. My favorite thing to do, and my style of reefing you could say, consists of collecting unique corals and their color variants and grouping them together in my display to illustrate a stark contrast in color but a cool familiar texture and structure. I like to keep a mixed reef and I really enjoy stocking with wrasses. Like I said earlier I collect a lot, buy a lot, and trade a lot of coral. If your looking for certain piece or something to fill a whole in your display let me know. I always have extra and I'd love to help you get that easy and cheap if you're in the area. Ive got lost of equipment old and new and I'm quite adept in the freshwater sense if anyone interested in that too, I do a mean planted beta bowl lol. I've battle a lot of pest in my time and set up, torn down, and moved 5 salt water systmes not all my own. I'm into conservation and I believe heavily in aquaculture and people keeping and growing coral to spread some awareness and keep these strains healthy, alive, and stronger then ever. Peace,

Don't be a stranger and see y'all on the forums - Reefs Cubed
Welcome, sure wish you lived closer to Orlando so we could trade!

OP
OP
ReefsCubed

ReefsCubed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all, thanks for the warm welcome. These photos are from jun 10th 2019, not new photos and going through a cyano thing right now but we all go through things so ill be sure to other photos up here too if you are all interested. Hope these show up well.
Hope y'all enjoy.
- Reefs Cubed
6A4AB461-939B-4994-8F52-C972AD68CB84 4.JPG
28A9BDC7-2C64-4758-AC0A-5E338CB6454E 4.JPG
1353A2F5-01B8-4D9E-8A5A-2A356786CB0D 4.JPG
B7DBBA7A-6EE8-48C7-91E0-09B2919FE56F 4.JPG

OP
OP
ReefsCubed

ReefsCubed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the systems below. main display redsea reefer 350 with deep refugium diy works well until it leaked, new one in there now. Nyos quantum protein skimmer, 2 radions, diy hood, 2 max spec gyres, diy frag racks, pax bellum chaeto reactor...not gonna go into details on the other two, frag tub is rough right now, other is a red sea 170.
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0573.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_2213.JPG

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back