Very active 5 year Reef hobbyist from west Chicago suburb, read below to see what I can offer!

OP
OP
ReefsCubed

ReefsCubed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum! :D You said you’re in you early 20’s? How long have you been reefing and what got you started?
Yes! about 5 years now. One summer around my freshman year of college I decided I needed a hobby and wanted to learn something. As a kid I've always wanted to be a marin biologist so I had this old biocube 29g from when I was younger and my dad and I tried to set up a reef. I was much to young and my dad had too little time and so it failed. I then decided to resurrect this old tank, modify it and upgrade it as I learned more and more. It it was a sweet little tank with a radion and an exterior sump refugium rigged with an apex and dosing kalk with my ato. Looked like a mad scientists lab but it was pretty sweet!

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! about 5 years now. One summer around my freshman year of college I decided I needed a hobby and wanted to learn something. As a kid I've always wanted to be a marin biologist so I had this old biocube 29g from when I was younger and my dad and I tried to set up a reef. I was much to young and my dad had too little time and so it failed. I then decided to resurrect this old tank, modify it and upgrade it as I learned more and more. It it was a sweet little tank with a radion and an exterior sump refugium rigged with an apex and dosing kalk with my ato. Looked like a mad scientists lab but it was pretty sweet!
Oh that’s awesome!! I have a 29g biocube that’s starting to look pretty wild with all of my medications lol.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back