Very new aquarium.

airvicconcre

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2022
Messages
231
Reaction score
198
Location
Sri Lanka
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have a 150g DT and a 75g sump (which I maintain at 35g) my DT has three fishes, a couple juvenile Vlamingii and a juvenile Hippo tang. Tank salinity is 1.021. I plan to start reefing in 6 months time so I would like to gradually increase the salinity to 1.023/4 for my fish to get acclimated when I start putting in coral. I need help to how I should gradually increase salinity without shocking the fish already in the DT? Any help is appreciated.
 
Hi all. I have a 150g DT and a 75g sump (which I maintain at 35g) my DT has three fishes, a couple juvenile Vlamingii and a juvenile Hippo tang. Tank salinity is 1.021. I plan to start reefing in 6 months time so I would like to gradually increase the salinity to 1.023/4 for my fish to get acclimated when I start putting in coral. I need help to how I should gradually increase salinity without shocking the fish already in the DT? Any help is appreciated.
As water evaporates, just replace with saltwater rather than freshwater.....it will bring it up slowly over time. I personally would try to get it to 1.025 if you plan on keeping coral with 1.024 being the absolute lowest.
 
Upvote 0
As water evaporates, just replace with saltwater rather than freshwater.....it will bring it up slowly over time. I personally would try to get it to 1.025 if you plan on keeping coral with 1.024 being the absolute lowest.
As I’ve read everywhere corals thrive at around 1.025-27 and that’s my plan however I want to take it very slow. Once I’m at 1.023 I let my fish settle a little before I begin to gradually increase to 1.025. Please give an opinion if there is a correction to be made. Thanks :)
 
Upvote 0
As I’ve read everywhere corals thrive at around 1.025-27 and that’s my plan however I want to take it very slow. Once I’m at 1.023 I let my fish settle a little before I begin to gradually increase to 1.025. Please give an opinion if there is a correction to be made. Thanks :)
Nope, that is perfect. Your original post said you were going to bring it up to 1.023/1.024 before putting coral in so I wasn't sure. Sounds like you are on the right track :) !
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new